047

F.U.C.K. by Victoria Monét pls destroy me

 by Victoria Monét pls destroy me

Norah

Turns out it didn't matter if I agreed to be Harry's friend or not (jeez it felt like we were in the second grade or something). He was going to remain a presence in my day-to-day life whether I liked it or not.

Not because I was a measly crew member on his World Tour, but because he had made it a habit to hang out in Kacey's dressing room anytime I had to do work for her.

"Good afternoon, gals!"

We were in Nashville. It'd been a week since I joined tour, and Harry grew to love bringing Kacey and I coffee in the mornings.

The morning after he came to my hotel room, Kacey was more than shocked to witness Harry act so nonchalantly towards me. Especially knowing what I'd told her about the two of us. And this was the problem with opening up to people. You had to continue to update them and fill them in on anything they missed as if your life was a TV show and they'd missed an episode.

"Thanks."

I took the small iced matcha latte with coconut milk he offered me. Kacey took hers with a gracious nod and went back to strumming quietly on her guitar.

She'd been doing that more often when he came over—staying to herself and being less social with Harry to force me to break the awkward silence. As much as she said she was Team Norah, I could tell she was also Team Harry. Which meant she wanted my answer to Harry's "let's be friends" question to change from "I don't know" to "yes, of course!". Not because she wanted us back together, but because she wanted her two pals to...also be pals.

Ugh, this was all so weird.

"What are you working on?" Harry asked.

I looked to Kacey when she didn't answer and saw she was looking at me. I turned to Harry and realized it was me he'd directed the question to.

"Oh, me? Just editing photos."

"Can I see?"

My eyes flickered from the photo of Kacey pulled up on the screen of my laptop to Harry's clear view of it from right behind me.

"Got any of me?"

I did. Of him and Kacey.

I minimized the editing screen and opened up the file of photos I took yesterday night of the two of them backstage right before Kacey went on.

"Any solo shots?"

"Nope."

"I bet you'd take some pretty good ones of me out there."

"Yeah, but it wouldn't have anything to do with you," Kacey chimed in, taking the words right out of my mouth.

Harry tossed back his head with a laugh and turned. "Well, of course. I'm very well aware of her talent."