060

December 12, 2018

December 12, 2018

Norah

"So..."

"So..." I matched Harry's tone and met his gaze from the other side of the table at a brunch spot in Beverly Hills.

"I'm selling my house."

"Are you?" I didn't even try to sound surprised. He hadn't been secretive about his home searching as he was always on realtor websites on his laptop at home.

His dimples appeared on his cheeks. "Yes, and I think I've found a good one."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah, but I need a second opinion from someone I trust."

I took another bite from my breakfast sandwich and stared at him with narrowed eyes as I finished chewing.

"And I'm that trusted someone," I guessed.

He smiled and shook a finger at me. "You are."

"Does this have something to do with why you asked me if I preferred big backyards over big front yards the other day?"

"Maybe." He dragged out the 'M' in the word. "Also, I might need some help with interior designing, too."

"Shouldn't you hire someone for that, Mr. Styles?"

"Well, I would like for the home to have a touch of you in it, Ms. Sty-Baker." His cheeks grew pink.

My eyebrows shot up, and I couldn't keep my teasing smile hidden. "Were you about to call me Mrs. Styles?"

"Uh—"

"Why were you about to call me Mrs. Styles?"

He rose from his seat and made the slightest of moves to drop to his knee, but before I could even react he was laughing and sitting himself back down.

I lifted my jaw back up off the ground. "You're an asshole."

He reached over and grabbed my hand between both of his. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. That was an asshole move."

"A huge asshole move."

"I'm sorry. Truly. I love getting a rise out of you too much. But, love, for future reference, when I propose, it won't be during rush hour at a random breakfast joint while I'm wearing sweats and a t-shirt. I promise you'll know when I am."

"Lots of whens going on there."

"Mhmm." He picked up his orange juice and took a long drink.

I needed to change the subject before my heart thrummed out of my chest. I was already smiling my ass off. This guy was fully aware that whenever he proposed—if he proposed—my answer was going to be hell yes.