050

VOTE bitches because it's chapter FIFTY!!!  & this one is a BLOCKBUSTER!!

If you want, listening to Ava by Famy makes this chapter hit so fucking hard. I linked it above (:

This chapter is dedicated to new era H 😈

Norah

» Landed. Call me whenever!!

I sent the text as soon as we arrived at the airport in Boston. Winter didn't get back to me until we were unloading our luggage from the back of the crew van at our hotel.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

Winter sighed heavily into the phone. "Vomited this morning. Jared just thinks I have the stomach flu. I swear to god, men are so dumb."

"Wait, did you already take a test? Are you pregnant?"

Gia came up and handed me my hotel room key. Her eyes went wide at my question. I just gave her a smile and graciously accepted the key card. Luckily, we didn't have roommates at this stop, so I could speak freely to Winter without disturbing anybody. I didn't have a clue how Winter would react to whatever news the pregnancy test told her.

"No. I bought two tests. I haven't taken them yet. Jare went into work today, but he'll be home in a bit. I think I'm gonna pee on them now."

I walked through the revolving doors of the hotel and headed towards the elevators. "You're going to pee with me on the phone?"

"Yup. Hold on, I'm gonna put you on speaker phone."

I laughed. "Oh, Jesus."

All the way up the elevator, I listened to Winter struggle to pee on the first stick. "Oh, fuck. Wait, shit. Do I have to stop peeing, get the other stick and pee some more?"

I tried to keep my voice as quiet as possible because I was standing next to a couple other crew members. "It's up to you. You can do that or chug some water after you pee on the first one and then pee again after."

Kacey's hair stylist and I made eye contact. I shared yet another awkward smile with her.

"I think I'm gonna pee on both right now. Because like what if one stick is faulty, or like I didn't pee right on one, you know?"

I laughed quietly. "I don't think that's how it works, but go off. Sounds like a plan."

The elevator stopped on the fifth floor. Half of those on the elevator, including me, got off while the rest of the crew headed up to the next floor.