059

I hope each and every one of you are having a wonderful day!! <3

Enjoy this one (:

Norah

"Hi, Ev."

The headstone was clean apart from a few leaves scattered across the bottom. I knew Mom came quite frequently to make sure it stayed clean and had a fresh set of flowers.

Being back for the first time since his funeral felt relieving. It was an hour or so after Doreen's funeral, but there was no way Harry and I were leaving without visiting Evan.

"I'm sorry I haven't visited sooner. I came because Ian's mom passed away. It was a really nice service. So, she's gonna be keeping a close eye on you."

I snuck a look to Harry who sat along the curb about twenty feet away. I wanted Evan to meet him, but he was giving me some time alone first.

Last night ended a lot better than it started. Talking to Harry about the conversation with Mom was therapeutic, and afterwards, he gave me some alone time to do some techniques my therapist recommended for me when overcome with so many emotions—anger specifically. They were extremely helpful.

Harry lightened the mood after my bath.

"So...Christmas at my house?"

My throat felt raw from crying, but I still laughed until my stomach ached. The thought of celebrating the holidays with my mom was an unimaginable feat.

"Hey, it'll be much easier than splitting our time from one side of the world to the other," Harry added, finding plenty of joy in making me laugh. "'Cause I'm not leaving my girl's side during my favorite time of the year."

"Well, I wasn't planning on leaving my guy's side during my favorite time of the year, either."

He kissed me briefly on the lips and curled me into his chest on the bed. "I love that we're always on the same page."

"Harry's here. We're back together. You were right. We both had to grow a bit more before we could find our way back to each other. It's super cliche, but I've never been happier, Evan. He makes me feel safe. He's taught me it's okay to lean on others. That love isn't transactional. And I do love him so much. I know you would love him, too.

"On a side note, as crazy as it sounds, Winter is a couple months away from having a baby. It's absolutely insane to think that I'm gonna be an aunt. I'm not sure if or when I want kids, and Harry and I haven't had that talk yet, so I guess Baby WJ will be a test run, huh?"