61. Peaceful days

It's the wedding night. Nam Joon is escorting the bride to the Emperor's chamber.

Tae is sitting on a ceiling beam. The bride would pass beneath him any moment now. He is holding a special potion given by a Barbarian friend.

Few drops of this love potion would last for thirty minutes. Enough to create important turns of event.

There she is.

He pours down the drops when she passes beneath him.

Tae smirks. His brother has done a lot of things for him. He should be helping his Hyung out.

IU shouldn't have forced this marriage toward him. Tonight she would fall for another man. A proper bachelor. She should be satisfied with him. The Barbarian is a strong shaman. She couldn't have escaped from this charm.

She smiles brightly when Yoon-gi lifts her veil. Finally she got her wish. She has fallen in love with him for many years.

*****

Nam Joon shakes his head. Something is wrong with him tonight. His head feels heavy like a log. He couldn't think straight. He feels drunk although he hasn't touched a single drop of wine.

His heart is throbbing. A face kept on flashing in his mind.

Jin is startled when someone sneaks attack on him.

"Nam Joon! You scared me! Why are you here?"

"I couldn't forget you. Please marry me."

"What? Are you drunk? Hey, it ain't funny!"

Jin pushes him back. He dashes away from him. The Captain keeps chasing him. They end up running in the palace courtyard at night.

"Gotcha!"

Nam Joon lowers his head to kiss him.

Jin pushes his face away.

He protests, "Hey! Stop it! We are both men!"

"You are so adorable, my little pigeon..."

"Ugh! Stop giving me weird nickname! Stay away from me!"

Jin keeps pushing him as hard as he could.

Suddenly Nam Joon shakes his head. He feels weird. His head has been cleared.

Half an hour has passed. The love charm has stopped working. Nam Joon suddenly remembers what happened.

"I'm sorry! I don't know what happened to me! Just forget everything!" apologizes Nam Joon.

He quickly dashes away from that spot.

Jin scratches his head. That weird Captain. He better stay away from him.

Nam Joon sighs. Fortunately a kiss didn't happen. He still doesn't understand what has caused his temporary madness.

Attacking the Prime Minister like that.

He mumbles, "Maybe I worked too hard. Need a day off or something."

Unfortunately a maid has seen the whole event. Rumors spread too soon behind the palace walls.

Burning romance between the Prime Minister and the Captain of the Royal Guards.

Taehyung never know he has soiled good names of two innocent men that night.

*****

Yoon-gi stares a map of the Continent. He still couldn't believe his country runs from the North to the South.