42. We are turtles

A small boy is running toward him. He is a cute fellow with dimples when he smiles.

Irene smiles brightly. She is ever prettier than the one in his memories.

Yoon-gi smiles when he says, "I'm home."

"Welcome home, Yoon-gi."

The King lifts up his two years old son. He struggles a bit. It seems he wants to touch the scar on his face. Yoon-gi closes his eyes and let him touch it.

The boy asks, "This?"

"A battle scar. I lost to a friend."

"Weak."

Yoon-gi chuckles.

He teases, "He learned too much from Hoseok. I should be the one who taught him."

He asks, "What's your name?"

Irene apologizes, "Sorry, you went away too long. So I asked father to name him."

"Its okay. You can't call him baby forever."

Yoon-gi asks again, "What's your name, tough guy?"

"Min sunghoon."

"That's a good name," praises Yoon-gi.

The King spends the rest of the day with his family.

The next morning in the Audience Hall...

Yoon-gi is giving rewards to his generals and other folks who have made their merits.

He has given mansions and gold bars to both Hyungsik and Woong Ja as rewards.

He has appointed Batzorig as his advisor for Northern plains. He will consult with him regarding Barbarian matters.

Tae is shocked when his name is called forth.

He asks, "Me? I did nothing..."

Yoon-gi smiles when he teases, "You are truly too modest, Tae."

He explains, "My brother saved Hyungsik's life. He travelled across Barbarian regions to spread my good deeds. To make civilians accept us."

Jimin offers a golden key shaped plaque for the Third Prince.

Yoon-gi explains, "I shall award you what you wanted most in this world. Freedom. This key shall allow you access to come and go from the palace at anytime."

Tae yells happily. It's the only thing he has wanted in this life. His bodyguard face has turned grim. It seems his task would get heavier than usual.

Jungkook frowns when he got summoned forth.

Jimin offers him a precious long sword named Heavenly blade.

Yoon-gi says, "I know it's tough. Just keep The Third Prince safe. I hope this blade shall aid your future task."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

Jennie walks forward when her name got summoned. She doesn't kneel or even bow to the King.

Hoseok's father scolds, "Kneel before your King."

Yoon-gi says, "It's okay. I've given her permission to skip the formalities."

"Your Majesty, rules are made to be followed."

"A King's word can't be bend, can it?"

His father in law looks pissed off. He only bows slightly to his son in law.

Yoon-gi declares, "I've assigned Jennie as a general for our country."

Hoseok's father immediately warns, "Your Majesty, we never have a female general before."