51. Bloody night

Yoon-gi draws his swords. Lee Jun Ki shakes his head. They are having a duel in the palace garden again.

It has been four years since the Dowager Queen's death.

Lee Jun Ki has denied when the King offered a military rank four years ago. He has no wish to serve him. Namseo Kingdom would always be his home.

The King gave him another position. His official duel partner. He needs someone to keep him in shape.

Lee Jun Ki couldn't deny it. The King is a worthy opponent. Yoon-gi lost most of the times. But his fighting skills have been improved in the last few years.

Yoon-gi has left. It's almost time for court session again.

Lee Jun Ki sits down under a tree. He has been living in the palace like a parasite. Eat free meals and drink wine. A special guest to the King Min Yoon-gi.

His mind drifts to the past.

Namseo King said, "In order to win, you must gain his trust

Namseo King said, "In order to win, you must gain his trust. Join his military ranks as a general. Lead him to his Doom."

"Your Majesty, I will do whatever it takes to win this war."

"I'm sorry, my old friend. Hurting you it's like tearing flesh from myself. It must be done. Yoon-gi mustn't be suspicious to you."

The plan was simple. Lee Jun Ki would be hunted down as a criminal. He has to suffer to gain Yoon-gi's trust. His wounds were too severe. Yoon-gi believed the tale right away.

Lee Jun Ki closes his eyes.

He has promised his King. To lead Min Yoon-gi to his Doom. In the end, he couldn't do it.

The Savage King is a benevolent King. He loves his people. He treats everyone equal despite their low birth status or different birth places.

Min Yoon-gi even treats Barbarians with respect.

Lee Jun Ki opens his eyes. He stares his hands. He has promised to destroy Min Yoon-gi. He has failed.

He mumbles, "What am I doing here?"

Min Yoon-gi hasn't given up. He kept asking Lee Jun Ki to join him as a general every six months. It would be too easy to join him.

Lee Jun Ki has declined every offer made. Between his country and Min Yoon-gi. He just couldn't choose.

"If I become a general, he would get hurt. If I live like this, I wasn't able to fulfil my promise to my King..." whispers him.

He scratches his head. It's another dead end. He has been indecisive for years.

"What should I do? Maybe I should leave..." mumbles him.

If he left this palace, he would never return again. He couldn't go back to Namseo Kingdom too. Not after he failed his mission.