60. Let's end this

Yoon-gi stares IU. She looks happier than the last time they meet. Probably she has known his answer.

He asks, "Do you really have to do this? Could I change your mind? If you wanted treasures..."

"I'm already a rich person. You know it too."

"I could give you a list of handsome bachelors with good backgrounds."

"I don't want another man. I want you."

Yoon-gi rubs his nape. It seems he couldn't escape from it. He should have thought more carefully before making any promise.

He says, "Very well. I don't really know what you have seen in me."

IU asks, "What's in your mind?"

"I have my fears. Promise me that you would never harm Irene and her children."

"Done."

"I need your vow. You shall never hurt them physically or mentally."

"I, Lee Ji Eun vows never harm Irene Jung and her offsprings if she hadn't provoked me first."

Yoon-gi still looks worried.

IU sits on a chair next to him.

She asks, "Shall I make another vow? My sons shall never inherit the Throne?"

"No. The next King shall be chosen by abilities. It would only be fair for all of my sons."

Yoon-gi holds her hand and stares to her eyes.

He asks, "Could you promise you wouldn't try to shift the balance of power in the palace? Let the Queen rule as usual?"

"I've no desire for power. I only wanted you, Min Yoon-gi."

"You shall be my first and last concubine. I will be fair and square with both of you. If you kept your promise, I will love you back."

Lee Ji Eun smiles. The Empress is a smart man. He is using her love to control her future actions. To prevent her from harming the Queen and her children.

"I have no other wish than to be with you, Min Yoon-gi."

"We shall get married next month. The Royal Astronomers would pick an auspicious date for us."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

Their conversation changes into political situation.

Jungkook has kept his word. He has sent many precious valuables as tributes to Dongbuk country few days ago.

Other countries have also sent tributes to their Empire.

IU suggests, "I heard Third Prince got into a fight again yesterday. He got drunk too easily."

"No Jungkook to keep him safe. I really don't know what to do with him anymore."

"Give him important tasks. Make him busy."

"He is a Prince. According to customs, he couldn't interfere with political activities."

IU shakes her head.

She suggests, "It's such a waste. Prince Taehyung is a natural born diplomat. He could handle the Barbarians easily. He even made many friends in Namseo Kingdom."

Yoon-gi is silent.

"You can't keep him caged forever. A bird with clipped wings could never soar high."

"I'll think about it."

*****

Tae is walking home drunk again. He is going to enter the palace Gate when someone knocks him out. His clothes got taken. He got dragged and thrown into a nearby well.