9. Ladies

The King has rised tax again for the fifth times this year. To built a new palace for his newest concubine.

The people shake their heads when they are leaving the bulletin board posted in the Town Square.

Yoon-gi shakes his head too. People are suffering after the war has ended. The King did nothing to ease their sufferings. He only thinks of himself as usual.

Maybe he was wrong. Maybe he shouldn't have won the war. Let his father be executed after his country lost the war. Maybe the people would be happier.

Yoon-gi keeps on walking.

"General, I have been hoping to meet you again," greets a pretty Lady.

Her brother's fiancee, Hoseok's little sister, Irene Jung.

She pouts a little when Yoon-gi doesn't seem too eager to see her again.

She says, "Will you join me for tea? I need to give you something."

"I'm sorry. I have to go."

He is going to walk away when she says, "It's about your mother's jewelries."

Yoon-gi stops walking.

Irene says, "I have bought them. I want to return them to you."

Yoon-gi turns around.

He asks, "Why?"

"It belongs to your mother."

"I have sold them. Not mine anymore."

"But..."

Yoon-gi bows slightly when he says, "They are yours, Milady. Good afternoon."

The general has left without looking back again.

A tap on her shoulder so she turns around.

Hoseok stares her with questions in his eyes.

He asks, "You know him?"

"We met at the Crown Prince's palace."

"Don't get too close to him. He is extremely dangerous man. I don't want you to get hurt."

"Brother, I don't really think you hate him that much."

"Why is that?"

Irene smiles when she explains, "Whenever you had a duel with him, you came home with this big smile on your face. It's few of the rare moments when you looked happy."

"It's because I love defeating him in a duel."

"I believe it's usually a tie between you two?"

Hoseok shakes his head.

He explains, "He is like my life long rival. The one I have to beat. He is an excellent swordsman. A worthy foe."

"See? You do like him a lot!"

Hoseok only shakes his head.

He says, "You won't understand it. You are just a woman. A man needs a decent foe to get tougher."

"I could understand it. If you two just spend more times together. I believe you would be best friends."

Hoseok chuckles.

He mocks, "Or one of us would end up dead."

"Orabeoni! That's a rude thing to say!"

Hoseok only laughs heartily. His little sister is walking behind him. He glances at her. One day she would marry a man. Whoever that person is, he is one lucky guy. His sister is smart, kind and beautiful person.