15. The King

It is mid morning. As usual the King yawns loudly. He is still sleepy. He hasn't noticed a weird tension in court. A lot of ministers are lining up behind the Prime Minister. Only few ministers are behind the minister of Defense.

No. Not all of them are choosing sides. One single young minister has chosen to stand further back from the other ministers. He is Kim Seok Jin.

The Prime Minister walks forward.

He announces, "The people are angry with the government. They demand a new ruler. We demand the Crown Prince to be crowned."

Uproar is heard from the Hoseok's father's line.

The King stares angrily toward the Prime Minister. He couldn't believe these arrogant fools dare to ask him to step down from the throne.

Hoseok's father finally steps forward.

He bows before he requests, "We believe the Third Prince is more suitable to become the King."

The King roars, "I trusted you! How could you betray me? Guards! Take them out and execute them all!"

The palace guards immediately enter the Audience Hall. All of them are fully armed. The archers are holding their bows. Their arrows are aimed toward the King.

The Prime Minister says, "Sign this edict and your life shall be spared. If not, you shall be executed on spot."

An eunuch accepts the edict from the Prime Minister. He offers it to the King. Another eunuch has prepared the Royal seal, brush and ink. Once he signs it, the Crown Prince shall be the King.

The King stares Park Bo Gum, his brother in law. The Queen's younger brother.

He pleads, "Brother, save my life!"

Park Bo Gum is standing behind Hoseok's father. He has his own troops in the capital although the numbers are way smaller than Hoseok's or Yoon-gi's troops.

The brother in law suddenly moves from his line. He moves to the Prime Minister's line.

Hoseok's father couldn't believe his eyes.

He asks, "You betrayed your own sister?"

"I only follow the strongest here."

"You traitor!" yells one of the Ministers behind Hoseok's father.

Suddenly a man dressed in black jumps down from a large beam on the ceiling.

Yoon-gi slashes the archers and he kills off some guards.

He yells, "Jimin!"

An eunuch, Park Jimin suddenly grabs hidden swords from beneath the throne. He gives them to Hoseok's father and the Ministers behind him.

Hoseok's father and his men quickly move to protect the King.

The Prime Minister yells, "How dare you mess with my plan? Who are you?"

Yoon-gi pulls away his black cloth that covers his face. He smirks to him.

He greets, "I'm bored. So I just crashed this party."

Park Bo Gum warns, "You are out numbered. Surrender and you shall be given a quick death."

"You are so generous. I just hate a snake like you."

The palace guards just kept swarming in. Yoon-gi and the others somehow manage to kill them all.

Hoseok's father says, "They got this palace surrounded. Your Majesty, please sign the edict. The Third Prince must be crowned."