6. The Captain

(Kim Nam Joon)

(Kim Nam Joon)

Captain of palace guards, Kim Nam Joon greets, "Good morning, Prince. Where are you going?"

Taehyung curses in his heart. He has tried to sneak out of the palace for the fifty times. The Queen has assigned twelve bodyguards just for him. They have been tagging him all day long. No hope of sneaking out the palace soon.

"Nam Joon, I want out. I have been caged here long enough," pleads him.

"Your Highness, you have to talk to the Queen for permission."

"You know she would never give me consent!"

Nam Joon is silent. Taehyung closes his mouth. Protesting him won't solve anything.

Finally Tae asks, "I miss my brother. Could you send a letter for me? Ask general Min Yoon-gi to visit me here."

Nam Joon is silent. Everyone knows the Queen despises the Second Prince.

Tae is staring him with hope in his eyes. One couldn't say no to him that easily.

Nam Joon asks, "Will you stay put if I have my man to sent it?"

"No. Sent it yourself. You must promise me you'll deliver it on your own."

"Fine. Just give me the letter, Your Highness."

Tae smiles brightly.

*****

A little girl is jumping. She is trying to get her ball. It got stuck to a tree branch when she throws it upward earlier.

She keeps jumping but the ball is out of her reach.

A man stands behind her.

He asks, "What are you doing?"

She turns around and looks upward. He is one scary guy. Tears are falling down from her eyes like rain.

Yoon-gi scratches his head. He knows he looks terrifying with his scar and weird colored hair. He doesn't mean to scare her. He kneels down on a knee.

He asks, "Please stop crying. Please?"

He covers a hand to his scar so he wouldn't look scary anymore.

Seo Joon has seen it. He is going to approach his little daughter, Park Yoona. Joong Ki grabs his arm and stops him.

His sworn brother asks, "Why don't you see what happened? Is he really a monster like everyone said?"

Yoon-gi asks, "Could you forgive me? Never meant to scare you..."

The little girl is staring him. Yoon-gi smiles nervously. Finally she nods her head and stops crying. He feels he has won unknown war.

Yoon-gi asks, "Why are you jumping so hard?"

He looks upward and notices the ball.

"Oh, I see," says him.