54. A handicapped man

Fortress city Shamante is in the plain near borderline.

Hoseok looks around. He has underestimated general Jennie. She led them to take this Fortress city yesterday.

Strong Fortress walls are made from concrete. It would be hard to penetrate it's defense from outside.

Jennie's female soldiers have mingled with the merchants three days prior to the attack. They opened the gate from the inside.

One shouldn't have underestimated female warriors.

Jennie has accepted thousands sacks of grains from Woong Ja.

When they are alone again, Hoseok asks, "Are they real ones?"

"Of course. That's why we need this Fortress city. You have eliminated the mole?"

"Yes. I've killed him. He has followed me for seven years. I can't believe Namseo won him over."

"Everyone has a price. Even you, general."

Hoseok protests, "I shall never switch over for money."

Jennie taunts, "What if for a person? Your sister, your nephew or your father?"

Hoseok is silent.

Jennie mocks, "Like I said. Everyone has a price."

Hoseok asks, "What about you? Will you switch over for your family?"

"Nope."

"Why not?"

"I got no parents. My uncle, I would be thankful if you killed that womanizer. Plus my cousin/ fiancee. I really don't want to marry him."

Jennie has walked away. She continues her patrol to check the city defense. Hoseok is walking beside her.

She comments, "Be careful, Saint general. We are in disadvantage here. This city belong to them. Namseo must know it's weakness."

"We shall be careful."

Hoseok has parted ways with her. He is going the check the walls.

Yoon-gi has assigned another 5,000 men to aid them to guard food supplies. It means they have 5,000 men and 1,000 women at their disposal right now.

Jennie is doing patrol when a guy in wheel chair blocks her path. She walks in detour to avoid him.

He says, "You will loose this city."

Jennie has walked before she finally stopped walking. She turns around. The handicapped man is smiling when she is staring him.

She walks back to him.

She asks, "Why? I've prepared the best defense possible."

"You shall be defeated in less than three days."

"Don't jinx it."

Jennie has walked away.

The handicapped man laughs heartily.

He asks, "I could tell you if you want. Do you want to know?"

Jennie is silent.

He says, "There is no well in this city. All the water comes from the Aqueduct. If I was your enemy, I could..."

"Thank you. I shall handle it personally."

"Wait! I'm not finished yet..."

"You are from Namseo. Why should I believe you?"

He explains, "The King made me like this. Don't you think I should have my revenge?"

Jennie asks, "Where do you live?"