8. The young swordsman

Tae got drunk. They have no choice but to stay at the Inn. Nam Joon is staying in Tae's room to guard him.

Park Bo Gum says to Yoon-gi, "We need to talk. Not here."

Yoon-gi follows him to backyard. It's empty because it's late at night.

Yoon-gi asks, "What do you want?"

"What's your future plans?"

"Staying alive. That's simple."

Park Bo Gum asks, "Do you support The Third Prince or the Crown Prince?"

Yoon-gi is silent.

If I said I supported Tae, he would report me to the King. If I supported the Crown Prince, he would tell Tae about it. I'm not an idiot, Park Bo Gum.

Yoon-gi smirks when he says, "I'm just a foolish general. I only know how to fight enemies in the battlefield. I have no interest with political affairs."

His answer doesn't seem to please Tae's uncle.

Yoon-gi decides not to go back to the barrack. He stays in a room next to Tae to protect him.

The next afternoon, Tae is rushing downstairs. He bumps into a young man who is heading upstairs.

The man glares at him.

Tae smirks when he apologizes, "Sorry. Never meant to hurt you. I'm Kim Taehyung. What's your name?"

 What's your name?"

(Jungkook)

The guy doesn't smile when he replies, "Jeon Jungkook."

He walks upstairs.

Tae heads downstairs more carefully now. Trying to avoid other guests.

Nam Joon immediately chases him. He got careless because lack of sleep last night. Tae pretends to sleep. He manages to leave the room when he lets his guard down.

Yoon-gi squints his eyes. This newcomer moves without making too much noises. He seems quite a skillful swordsman. His hand is holding the hilt of his sword when Tae bumps into him. If Tae has meant him harm, he would have used it to attack him.

He secretly follows him but Jungkook stops walking. He glances to Yoon-gi. The general walks pass him and goes to his room.

Yoon-gi opens his door a little and takes a peek. Another door has opened.

Jin complaints to Jungkook, "Where have you been? I'm worried sick for you."

"Someone followed me. So I have to loose him first."

They enter the room. Yoon-gi closes the door.

A swordsman and a scholar. Who are they? Spies?

Yoon-gi smiles. It's time to dye his hair black again. He hates being public attention like this.

 He hates being public attention like this