44. A wounded man

Yoon-gi stares the crowds in the streets. He hasn't been strolling in the capital for a long time. Not since he got back from the war. Jimin is tailing behind him.

The King's bodyguards are guarding him as usual. Nam Joon looks around them, scanning for possible threat.

The King has requested for another meeting place. He doesn't want to meet her in Red Rose Inn. A King who loves to visit a prostitution house. It doesn't look good for his image. Jimin has confirmed for a new meeting place with IU.

Jungkook is pouring a cup of tea for Tae. They are eating out at a local tea house. Suddenly a group of men are chasing the customers out. The owner is going to protest but gold coins have silenced his mouth.

A man approaches them. He taps on their table.

He orders, "Leave. This place has been fully booked."

Jungkook draws his blade from it's sheath. He points it to him.

Tae holds Jungkook's hand. He smirks to the guy. The man finally recognizes him.

"I'm sorry, Your..."

"It's okay. Is Hyung coming here?" asks Tae.

"Yes."

"Good. I hope he would treat my lunch."

The bodyguard bows slightly before leaves that spot.

Tae releases his hand. Jungkook puts his blade back into it's sheath.

The King's bodyguards walk into the tea house first. Yoon-gi follows them into the place.

Jimin is tagging along. He has noticed Tae and Jungkook. He smirks. It has been ages since they are eating out together. He walks toward them and sits next to them. The King will call him if he needs him.

Yoon-gi sits alone at the furthest corner.

IU has just walked in. She stares Tae, Jimin and Jungkook. She ignores them. She walks straight to the King. She is wearing a veil to cover her face. Wearing a mask in public eyes would attract too many attention.

Yoon-gi takes a sip of his tea.

He orders, "Sit down, please."

IU sits down.

She stands up to be closer to him.

She whispers to his ear, "Lee Jun Ki has been prosecuted. He is on the run. His Boss wanted his head."

Yoon-gi is silent. He is the toughest general from Namseo Kingdom.

She has sit down again. She refills his cup of tea for him.

Yoon-gi asks, "Why?"

"Failed assassinations. His enemies blamed him for the failures. Saying he has switched side."

"Find out more about him. His whereabout. Recruit him if you could."

IU raises an eyebrow.

She asks, "You know who was his target?"

"Me. And I have forgiven him."

"I'm not that generous. He almost killed you."

IU has risen from her seat. She bows slightly before leaving the spot.

Tae and Jimin are busy chatting about the latest theatre show. Jungkook glances at IU. The voice feels familiar. It's the masked fellow again.

Yoon-gi chuckles. Stupid bureaucrats. They can't distinguish talented people from trashes.