17. You need a Queen

"Hyung! I mean Your Highness," greets Tae a bit too cheerfully.

He has come to visit his brother after today Hwarang training is over. It's past three in the afternoon.

Yoon-gi scolds, "Cut it out. No one is here beside us. Just call me Hyung like old days."

"You are the King now. I still love my head."

"This is an order, call me Hyung."

"Yes, Hyung."

Yoon-gi is reading reports from the Finance minister. The traitors have been trialed and executed two days ago. Their treasures have been confiscated.

Those corrupt officials. The money has been returned to national fund. It seems this country would be okay without any tax raise soon.

Tae approaches his brother. He touches his golden blond hair with great awe. Yoon-gi has washed the dye after his father died.

Prophecy or not. He is already a King. No need to dye his hair black anymore.

Tae is still playing with the hair as if he's a little boy. Yoon-gi doesn't seem to mind.

Nam Joon, the new Captain for the King's bodyguards shakes his head.

He protests, "Prince, maybe you should stop it."

Tae releases the hair.

Yoon-gi sighs. He stretches his back. He has been reading for two hours now.

He asks, "Could you swapped places with me? You are the one born to be a King."

"No way! I'm just a Prince. A happy Hwarang. Right, Jimin?"

An eunuch behind the King says sourly, "Why you ask me? I'm just a stupid eunuch."

Yoon-gi chuckles. He should have released poor Jimin from his position as eunuch. Yet, he would be lonely without him. Jimin is a good friend despite their age difference.

At least he isn't a real eunuch.

Yoon-gi says, "Jimin, I'm appointing you as head of eunuchs in this palace."

Jimin bows reluctantly. It seems he won't leave this golden cage soon. No wonder Tae always sneaks out in the past. Too much rules. You would never know when your actions would cost your head.

Nam Joon is standing guard. He smiles a little. Actually the King is a better fighter than him. It's like an irony. None of his bodyguards is stronger than him.

Yoon-gi orders, "Prepare my brush and ink."

"Yes, Your Majesty," replies an eunuch.

Yoon-gi writes a letter. Appointing Hyungsik as a general to replace him. He sighs. He would miss living in a barrack. The simple life.

A maid reports, "Your Majesty, the dowager Queen has come to visit you."

Tae immediately walks to behind a curtain. He doesn't like his mother. She has been scolded him non-stop for not taking the throne.

Yoon-gi orders, "Let her in."

The dowager Queen stares down to him as usual. Her rude manners haven't changed one bit although he has become a King.

Yoon-gi asks, "What do you want? I'm busy."

She sits down because Yoon-gi hasn't ordered her to sit.

She asks, "You don't have a wife, am I right?"

Shit! I know she would come sooner or later.