49. Her ex-lover

Jimin stares IU and Jungkook. They are in Tae's bedroom right now. The King has been missing for three days now. None of his bodyguards have returned or send any news to the palace.

IU warns, "I heard the Dowager Queen is making her move soon. The King must return before it's too late."

Jimin says worriedly, "The King never leaves the palace without a word. He was scheduled to have lunch with the Queen the next day. Something bad must have happened..."

Jungkook asks, "Do you know where he went?"

"No. I was sent to fetch antidote for Tae."

IU nods her head. One of her agents has discovered that Tae has been poisoned. It was hard to find the antidote. Jimin managed to retrieve it.

Jungkook asks, "He is the King. It should be easy to find out where he went."

He stares IU.

She nods her head.

She says, "An agent has confirmed the King and his men have visited the Blue Lotus Sect three days ago. They never come out from it."

Jungkook asks, "Why don't you just find him?"

"All my agents sent there went missing. Feared dead. I need to find strong warriors to go with me."

"I can't go with you."

Jungkook stares Taehyung. His condition has stabilized a lot since he drank the antidote. He hasn't regained consciousness yet.

IU asks, "Are you still playing babysitter again?"

"Ugh! Don't start with me..."

Jimin hurriedly says, "I will guard Tae with my life. I promise."

Jungkook stares Jimin and he reluctantly nods. Yoon-gi is the best King for this country. That Dowager Queen only knows how to waste tax money.

He grabs his Heavenly sword.

He asks, "Aren't you going to ask him?"

IU is silent. Jungkook has seen her true face. He also knows her past relationship with that man.

Jungkook asks, "He is worth 5,000 men. Are you going to let your stubbornness killed the King?"

IU stares a sword hanging on the wall. It's Jungkook's old sword.

She asks, "Could I have that one? That guy has no sword."

"Of course."

In palace garden, Lee Jun Ki is drinking wine alone. He is staring to the gloomy looking Lake. They said the late Crown Prince drowned himself in it. His spirit is still haunting that place.

He doesn't react when IU approaches him.

She throws the sword to him and he catches it easily.

She orders, "Move out. The King needs our help."

"Why should I? He is our common enemy."

"You ate his meal and drank his wine. How could you not repay his kindness?"

"Never asked for it."

Jungkook frowns.