14. Hungry ghost

Yoon-gi is still reading his book when Jimin enters his bedroom. He has sent him on errand five hours ago.

The general asks, "What did you find?"

"Plenty stuffs. I just don't understand them."

"Spill it out."

"A drunk guard told my friend that many palace guards have been shifted. Rolling from one palace to another one. Except for the guards for the Third Prince."

"Hmm... that has never happened..."

Yoon-gi asks, "Park Bo Gum?"

"He was summoned early to the Palace this morning."

"Anything peculiar?"

"He loves to visit Red Rose Inn lately. He wasn't a regular until last month."

Yoon-gi stares Jimin. The servant smirks to him.

"Just say it."

"How did you know, Master? I couldn't understand it."

"So he met someone there?"

"A masked man. He is a bit frail and weak. He walks like a grandpa. You would guess a sick man like him won't go to a prostitution house."

Yoon-gi asks, "What is a better place to meet a guy without being suspected?"

"You mean Park Bo Gum is having a love relationships with a guy?"

A knock to his head is Yoon-gi's reply.

Yoon-gi asks, "If you needed to meet someone. Let's say he is your foe. Where should you meet?"

"Oh, I see. All the guys go to a prostitution house."

"Jimin, could you find me a carriage? I need to go somewhere."

"Of course."

*****

The minister of Defense rises from his seat. He is surprised when general Min Yoon-gi visits his house. They aren't in good terms. Hard to like someone who constantly challenged your only son for a duel.

Yoon-gi walks in and sits on a seat without asking a permission first.

He says, "Skip the chit-chat. Do you know something big is going to happen soon?"

Hoseok's father looks confused. He points to a tea cup.

Yoon-gi doesn't drink it. He only stares the older man quietly.

He asks, "Any news on Hoseok?"

"He is crushing down the rebel army as requested."

"That would tarnish his reputation forever. Killing innocent civilians. Why you don't protest it?"

"A general is live to serve the King."

"Even if he is a rotten useless one?"

Hoseok's father scolds, "General! You could get executed!"

"I almost got executed once. It ain't that scary after all."

Hoseok's father drinks his tea in silence. Now he knows why his son dislikes this person. Yoon-gi is unpredictable. It's like a wild stallion. You couldn't know what move he is going to take next.

Yoon-gi stands up. Hoseok's father stands up too. The general is walking away using his crutches. It seems the rumor is right. He broke his leg.

Hoseok's father sits down again. He takes a sip of his tea. It's getting cold. He sighs. He has this premonition feeling that something big is going to show down soon. It started when his son and general Min Yoon-gi got ordered to leave the capital.