41. A true King

The battle has started. Yoon-gi's troops are swarming into the plains like locust. Temujin's troops are divided into three portions. The battle starts from dawn until nearly sunset.

Temujin has lost the battle. He has ordered to retreat back to the North. Abandoned Xanadu.

Yoon-gi's troops make no attempt to chase them. They enter Xanadu in as the glorious troops.

The moment the troops enter the town, few large bombs explode, killing a lot of Yoon-gi's soldiers.

Yoon-gi orders immediately, "Retreat!"

The soldiers fall back out of City. The once magnificent city is blazing. Burning because most of the structures are made from woods.

Yoon-gi comments, "I can't believe he would destroy the historical city like this."

"That's a war criminal for you," mocks IU.

She stares him. She is very relieved the King only got wounded lightly.

The city is burning in front of their eyes.

Yoon-gi couldn't stand it anymore. The barbarians aren't his men. They are still human beings.

He orders, "Divide the troops into three. One team to lead the civilians out of the city. The second team and third team shall try to vanquish the fire. IU, Jimin, I trust you two with coordination."

"Your Majesty!" protests IU.

The King has lead his troops toward the burning Xanadu despite IU and Jimin's protests.

Yoon-gi has lead the first team and his bodyguards into the burning city. They are shouting, trying to gather the civilians. Helping them escape from the city.

Some soldiers are trying to loot valuables from burning house.

Yoon-gi points a sword toward them.

He orders, "Drop them. We are here to save them. Not robbing them blind."

"Yes, Your Majesty."

The treasures are dropped to the ground.

Yoon-gi's men escort the innocent civilians out of the city. The burning houses are collapsing, blocking their path out of the city.

Suddenly they hear, "Over here!"

A small group of Barbarians are shouting, asking them to follow them.

Yoon-gi orders, "Follow them!"

Tae looks back. He is relieved the soldiers and civilians are following them. It's fortunate that Xanadu is Qadan's hometown. He knows many routes out of the city.

They almost got out of the burning city.

Suddenly an arrow is shot from a nearby house. Yoon-gi got struck down. The bodyguards immediately surround him, protecting him from the unknown Archer.

Two bodyguards lift the wounded King. The others use their bodies to shield him from arrows.

Another arrow nearly strikes Yoon-gi again.

Jungkook cuts it down with his sword.

He orders, "Use the shields! Protect the King!"

The soldiers rise their shields to prevent arrows shoot toward them.

Lee Jun Ki flees from the house when it got burned. He wants to kill the King. It doesn't mean he has to be burned alive.

*****