2. Hwarang

"My son

"My son. You have grown up. It's time to serve this country," praises the Queen.

Kim Taehyung only says calmly, "Yes, mother."

He looks cold unlike his usual cheerful self.

The Queen leaves Taehyung's palace. Her twelve maids follow her. Two of them are holding huge umbrellas, shielding her from the gentle sunlight. It's only twenty minutes past dawn.

One would think she is a vampire because she hates sunlight too much.

Tae sinks to a chair. He never likes his mother. She only demands him to be the perfect son.

The Crown Prince has a weak body. He isn't fit enough to rule this country. Everyone wishes Tae (the Third Prince) to be the King's successor one day.

"Yoon-gi Hyung is a tough guy. They should have let him be the next King," mumbles him.

Tae stares the sun. It's almost time. He couldn't be late for his first day as a Hwarang. He quickly picks up his bags.

Today it's brand new day for him. His first day to be a Hwarang (flowering knight).

*****

Yoon-gi looks around the military barracks. He is inspecting his troops. Everything seems to be in great order. He could trust Hyungsik to maintain everything during his absence.

Hyungsik is running toward him.

He reports, "General, I heard the third prince has joined Hwarang."

"Yes, I heard about it from him few nights ago."

Hyungsik looks around. Something isn't right. Yoon-gi makes a gesture to move into his tent.

Inside the tent, Hyungsik reports, "There are rumors that you are going to kill him."

"What?"

"Yes. Prince Taehyung is next in the line. The Crown Prince is weak from the start."

Yoon-gi is silent. He stares Hyungsik.

He asks, "Your brother in law still works in the Hwarang management office?"

"Yes. The Chief trusted him very much."

"Good. I want you to join the Hwarang too. Ask him to process it."

"Sir, you mean this?"

Hyungsik makes a gesture of cutting his own head with a hand.

Yoon-gi knocks Hyungsik's head with a fist.

"Of course not! Why would I kill Tae? Someone would try to kill him. He would put the blame on me."

"Oh..."

"Keep him safe. If anything happened to him, my head will roll down."

Hyungsik asks, "What about you, Sir?"