50. Goodbye, Hyung

Dowager Queen is leading her followers into the palace. This is the day to usurp the throne and raise herself as the rightful ruler

Min Yoon-gi has been missing for a week.

Tae has fully recovered from his illness. He kept refusing so his mother has imprisoned him and Jimin in his palace.

Dowager Queen is wearing a Royal Robe when she is walking into the palace. She stares Yoon-gi's wooden chair with great disgust.

How could a King sit on a simple chair like that? Min Yoon-gi is a crazy simpleton.

The first thing a new ruler must do is to worship the sun. To show the people the new era has risen.

She is walking in the courtyard proudly. Her son has refused to rule. That means she would be the new ruler to replace him.

Some ministers have supported her. Most of them are corrupt ones. They have been itching to do corruptions again. In Yoon-gi's era, they couldn't do it.

Her yellow silk robe is flowing gracefully when a gentle breeze blows.

Suddenly an arrow strikes down her Royal Crown. It falls down from her head . The Archer gallops his horse into the courtyard.

It's Min Yoon-gi. The King is still alive and well.

The Dowager Queen yells, "Men, kill him!"

Her ministers and her followers rise their weapons. They are going to attack the King.

The King's bodyguards have stand in front of him to protect him. Jungkook is among them.

Nam Joon protests, "Your Majesty, you shouldn't leave us and march alone on your horse..."

"You guys are too slow, Nam Joon."

The Captain of palace guards is speechless. This King is the most unreasonable one in the history of Dongbuk Kingdom.

Suddenly there is a loud battlecry.

Hyungsik's troops have arrived and surrounded their foes.

Yoon-gi orders, "Kill these traitors!"

The corrupt ministers and their troops try to fight for their life. In the end, all of them are killed on spot.

The Dowager Queen stares the blue sky.

"Not fair! Not fair! Tae should have been the King!" screams her frantically like a lunatic.

Yoon-gi stares her. He has spared her too long for Tae's sake. He could no longer let her rule. She is too dangerous to be kept alive.

He orders, "You shall be sent to the back palace. Cold palace shall be your home until the day you die."

"I choose to have my dignity to the end."

She is walking gracefully toward the Lake. She keeps walking into it.

She whispers, "My son. You won't be alone anymore. I'm coming for you."

Yoon-gi looks another way. He hates to make Tae sad.

In order to eliminate her, he has pretended to be missing after IU saved him.

The palace has been secured. No more foes that would plot for his demise.

Yoon-gi changes his peasant clothes into his Royal Robe. He sits down on his uncomfortable wooden chair/ throne.

All of his loyal ministers have been imprisoned by dowager Queen during the King's absence. They have been released and ordered to rest in their homes.