46. I finally meet you

Lee Jun Ki stares to a hand mirror

Lee Jun Ki stares to a hand mirror. He looks older than his age. A large scar on his face. Courtesy of Min Yoon-gi. He gave him the scar when he tried to capture him back then.

He puts on a half face mask to cover the scar.

This is the big day.

The King has promised to let him meet Lee Ji Eun. The woman of his dream. He hadn't met her for years. Not since she left Namseo capital city many years ago.

No one has arrived yet in palace garden. They are supposed to meet here.

"I'm sorry. I hurt you too deeply. I never want to hurt you."

Lee Jun Ki shakes his head. His apology doesn't sound humble enough.

"Forgive me. I didn't mean to hurt you."

Not sincere enough.

"I know I couldn't mend the past. Let me make it up to you."

Suddenly he hears, "You hurt Jungkook. Can't forgive you that easily."

Tae looks upward to the taller guy. The Third Prince looks angry. This guy almost killed his Hyung few times. He has injured Jungkook and almost killed many bodyguards. Hyung let him go too easily.

Lee Jun Ki mocks, "Who are you, Shorty?"

"How dare you?"

Jungkook stands in front of Tae.

He warns, "Be polite to Third Prince, Lee Jun Ki."

"You are still alive. You are even harder to kill than a cockroach, ex-prince."

Tae stares Jungkook.

He asks, "A prince? You?"

Lee Jun Ki mocks, "He never told you? He was the crown prince from my Kingdom. Well, he got nothing now. No more than a lousy beggar."

Jungkook grits his teeth. His hand is on his blade hilt.

Lee Jun Ki mocks, "Don't even think about it. I could kill you easily."

Tae grabs Jungkook's hand, forcing him to release the blade hilt. He drags him out of the palace garden.

After they are quite far from anyone else, Tae asks, "You were a prince?"

"It has been ages ago."

"What about Jin?"

"He is just a commoner. Her mother was my mother's older sister."

"Did Hyung know about this?"

Jungkook shakes his head.

Tae warns, "Don't tell anyone else. No one needs to know about this."

"Do you hate me now? Because I'm from..."

"Nope. You are still you. My good friend."

Tae pulls Jungkook to hide behind bushes. Someone has just arrived. It's the same person who met Yoon-gi at the tea house.