33. No more dream

Tae frowns

Tae frowns. He looks confused. Eunuchs are carrying mountain of paperwork toward the King's study room in certain intervals. He is planning to visit his brother, the King. He refrained after seeing the eunuchs swarm into the chamber like busy bees.

Jungkook is standing guard next to him as usual.

Tae asks, "What do you think?"

"The King is going out of palace again," replies his bodyguard.

Tae rubs his nape. He looks troubled. The last time Yoon-gi did that, his mother almost launched coup de'tat. She wanted to usurp the throne for his sake. Tae had to point a blade to his neck so he was allowed to leave the palace.

Tae mumbles, "I don't want to be a King. Rather die than become one."

Jungkook is silent. The third Prince joined Hyungsik to escape the capital last time. So the dowager Queen couldn't make him the King.

He asks, "What is your plan, Sire?"

"If one day, I'm no longer a prince. Would you still be with me?"

"I didn't follow you because you are a prince."

Tae smirks. He looks happy to hear it.

Jungkook asks again, "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going with Hyung."

"He would never let you come with him."

"That's why I won't be me."

Jungkook rolls his eyes. The Third Prince is a kind hearted man. He is also a bit naive. His plans mostly won't work.

He suggests, "If I were you, I would steal someone's plague. To join the King formerly."

"Good idea. I know who shall be our Target. I'll send an eunuch to invite him right away."

Three hours later in Red Rose Inn...

Tae's old friend is a pampered young Master from good origins. His grandfather was a famous general in the past. Too bad his descendants are worthless womanizers.

Tae has just returned from his Hwarang practice. He has come here without changing his clothes. He is buying drinks for his old friend.

 He is buying drinks for his old friend