21. Getting to know him

The court session is just over. The King stretches his back. He looks tired. The ministers have proposed many suggestions as usual.

Yoon-gi has demanded them to suggest ten ideas every morning. From how to improve agriculture to military affairs.

The people are suffering from heavy tax and poor harvests. Endless problems in borderline adds another headache to Yoon-gi's plate.

Yoon-gi has asked Agriculture minister to stay behind after the session is over.

He asks, "Shall we move to a better place?"

He rises from his large wooden chair. It's the most uncomfortable chair taken from the library.

The Minister asks, "Your Majesty, I could find a better chair. If you don't mind..."

The impressive throne made from gold and Ivory had been destroyed. To refill the national fund. At the present moment, Yoon-gi has no crown. He sold it for national fund.

Yoon-gi says, "You remembered my old man? He used to sleep during court sessions. A comfy seat would only make me sleepy. It ain't easy task to be a King. More like a lifetime punishment."

The Minister is silent. Most ministers have said the new King is weird.

They move to the King's private chamber. Yoon-gi waits until Jimin pours tea for them. At first they drink in silence.

Yoon-gi finally asks, "What's the problem? Why the crops won't grow?"

"Err...most men were drafted to war, Your Majesty. Leaving only old men and children in the villages. No one is left to plough the fields."

"You got solution?"

No response from him.

"Well?" demands Yoon-gi.

"I ask the minister of defense to return some young men to their villages. He said no. The war kept going on. We have no farmers."

"Hmm... National security or food on table. Tough choice."

"Yes, indeed."

Yoon-gi asks, "So, you have no real solutions?"

"I, I talked to the minister of defense."

Yoon-gi sighs.

He says, "I'll arrange it with him. I don't know about farming too much. Ploughing the land. Will one week be enough?"

"It depends on the land's size."

"I see. Let's talk it later after I confirmed it with the minister of Defense."

The Agriculture minister has left.

Jimin escorts him out until the Audience Hall. He notices Lady Irene is walking in the Hall aimlessly.

He asks, "Are you going to meet the King, Milady?"

"Is it possible?"

"Yes, of course."

Irene stares the wooden chair. She has seen the previous throne. Compared to it, this one is very modest one. It's just a sturdy old wooden chair.

She asks, "What happened to the throne?"

"It got replaced."

"Hmm..."

She follows him to the private chamber.

Yoon-gi is reading a book when she arrives. He smiles when he waves to a chair. She sits down in a graceful manners.

He tilts his head a little.