18. A promise to a dead man

Yoon-gi has ordered his servants to arrange the dolls neatly into small boxes. It has been three months since his brother's death. He has promised to distribute the dolls to new masters. So they would be loved. Something the poor Crown Prince never felt in his life.

They are in a center of busy marketplace right now.

Jimin asks, "What's so special about these ceramic dolls?"

"They are the Crown Prince's children. Each of them worth a lot of money," says Yoon-gi.

"Your Majesty, you could have asked us to distribute them. You don't need to come here."

Yoon-gi shakes his head. He wants to see the process get done. It's his promise to a dead man. He could do nothing for the Crown Prince in the past.

A little girl passes by. Yoon-gi offers it to her. She is smiling when she sees the doll. She got scared when she sees his large scar. The doll falls from her hands and cracks.

Her mother kneels down immediately. Her head hits the dirty muddy road.

She kept pleading, "Please spare her, Your Majesty. Please don't kill her."

Yoon-gi sighs.

He commands, "You may go now."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

The mother and daughter immediately leave the spot.

Yoon-gi picks up the cracked doll and wraps it up. The Crown Prince would be hurt if he saw this event.

Suddenly he hears, "Your Majesty, what are you doing here?"

Jin has come to scout the marketplace. He couldn't rely on the Finance minister's reports.

Yoon-gi asks, "Could you help me? Distribute these dolls for free."

"Oh, okay."

Jin claps his hands. Attracting the buyers in the marketplace. He has been a merchant once in his life. When things got rough in the past. Yoon-gi stands further back from Jin and his servants.

Jin calls, "Free dolls for little girls! Free dolls!"

Many little girls start to line up to accept them. They look very happy.

Irene and a female maid are shopping for ribbons. She stops when she sees the blond man.

She curtsey to him.

Yoon-gi rises a hand, asking her not to address him as a King.

Irene asks, "What's going on here?"

"Jin is helping me distributing the dolls."

"Can I help?"

"Thank you."

Irene and her maid begin to distribute them. Two lines are formed right now. Irene and Jin are standing next to each others. They look like a dream couples.

Yoon-gi grins. Minister of Defense. Jin would have a pretty wife and a good father in law. Hoseok's father is an honest man compared the rotten ones in his father's era.

The King makes further distance from them. Suddenly he hears a familiar sneeze.

That woman from Circle again, Ji eun. Yoon-gi tries to follow her. The palace guards start to follow him. Of course he lost her in the end. It's impossible to follow her with so much people on his back.

Yoon-gi groans in his heart. Nam Joon smirks. Tae has the same face expressions few month back. The Third Prince only kept a bodyguard nowadays. His friend, Jeon Jungkook.