35. My dearest friend

Badly beaten prisoner. He has been tortured all morning. His legs are numb because of the heavy chains. His men are slaughtered in front of his very eyes.

Temujin sneers and spits to his face.

Hyungsik remains silent.

A pretty woman is standing next to Temujin. She is the leader of the fake refugees from last night. Temujin calls her as Jennie.

Hyungsik grits his teeth. Yoon-gi trusted him to guard the border. He failed him.

In the past, the King had warned him too many times. The Barbarians aren't known for their kindness. Once they even used prisoners. Hostages from Dongbuk Kingdom as living shield.

Back then, Yoon-gi ordered to shoot them down. To sacrifice hundred people instead of letting the Barbarians destroyed their cities.

Temujin grabs his hair and stares Hyungsik' face.

He mocks, "Not so smart. The King was smarter than you."

"Just kill me."

"You are just a bait to lure the giant fish."

Jennie comments, "You think the King would save him?"

"He is his wingman. His trusted best friend."

Hyungsik sneers.

He mocks, "I got caught. I have no value anymore to him."

"We shall see, general. I think he would never dump you. Take him away. Make sure he stays alive. Put him in the living shield when the King's troops attack us."

Hyungsik is holding the iron bars, staring out. The Barbarians have taken over the city. Civilians are divided among the Barbarians as slaves. Continuous cries are heard from them. Pleading for mercy. It's no use. No one could save them.

"I'm sorry, Yoon-gi..."

He tries to hit his head to a wall to kill himself. The other prisoners in the cell quickly grab him. Preventing him to die.

One of them says, "If you're dead, we shall be tortured alive. Temujin said he would cut our flesh little by little. Worst fate than death."

"They would use me to threaten the King."

"You are bluffing. That heartless Battlefield Demon would never think twice to kill you."

Hyungsik closes his eyes. The prisoners are holding him, pressing him down to the dirty ground.

"Let me go," orders him.

"Sorry, general. We still want to live."

The Barbarian troops make advances to Guoto city. The King's troops destroy them before the city got taken.

Temujin slaps the soldier who reported the defeat to him.

He asks angrily, "Our troops are triple amount from him. How could we lost?"

Jennie warns, "I told you about him. Don't underestimate him."

"Send a letter of duel. My generals against his men."