Cap'n Crunch...Your Bones (Chap 72)

Elsa's POV
It was stupid of me to do that. Jack was holding on to both of my hands to stop the bleeding.

Both our hands were stained red.
We were walking along the road of a place that looked abandoned. But it felt like I'd been here before.

"A gas station" Jack breathed out.
We both ran towards it, not letting go of each other.

Jack and I probably looked crazy all covered in blood and scars randomly running into a gas station. Neither of is were thinking when we ran into the unisex bathroom.

Jack got a ton of toilet paper and started wrapping it around my hands.
"Um, toilet paper?"

"Emma chopped her thumb off once when she was cutting a mango and my mom wasn't home. So I just covered it in toilet paper and it worked for some reason"

Emma.

Jacks eyes widened as he stared at me for what felt like hours. His eyes began to tear up a bit before he moved his gaze from my eyes and back to the paper. He held my hands a bit tighter than before.

I tried not to notice the tear drops on the paper.

"W-What's that sound" Jack asked. He was still a bit shaken up.

"Sirens. Police sirens" I replied.
My hands flew to my head. Yeah It hurt. A lot.

"I'm still in my Snow Queen disguise"
This is the stupidest thing that's ever happened to me.

I got up and put my ear to the bathroom door.

"SHE'S IN THERE" A voice yelled.
I looked back at Jack

"We need to make a run for it"
"W-What?!"
"Trust me"

Jack looked at me in disbelief.
"Of course I trust you, but don't you think there's a maybe...safer option?"
"Nope"

I grabbed his hand and ran out the door, slamming into anyone that stood in our way.

We ran through the back door, but not before grabbing a few giant cookies.

"ARE YOU CRAZY!" Jack screamed as I ran through the door and into the woods.

"Probably"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We headed straight out. Running through the trees. I've done this quite a few times so the cuts I get from twigs don't really affect me. Not so sure about Ice Head here.

Jack was pretty much flying behind me because I was running so fast. If they see his face then he'll get kicked out of school and tortured for information. I know what they do to people there.
~~~~~~~~~~

It was quick, I'll admit. I was shocked at the change in scenery. A shock of memories.

The dirt became cement. My feet froze at the touch. I stared for a while, before slowly letting go of Jack's hand.

I was back here. Back at the garden.

It's the same as before, except all the plants were dead. How long has it been since someone cared for them? I walked around the place, Jack following behind me. We both stared in awe.

"I never thought I'd see this place again" Jack said.
I didn't respond.

"It's still here" I said in barely a whisper.
He knelt down next to me, smiling at the small spiked plant.

The Cactus. All the other plants have died, moved on. They fulfilled their purpose. But the cactus.
The cactus is left behind. Trapped in itself only because it's far too strong. Because it can't be touched.

I turned my head to Jack, only to find myself face to face, staring into his eyes. Deep pools of ice blue. Why did it have to be him?

We both began to lean towards each other. Closer.
And closer.
And