The Arrival (chap 66)

Jack's POV

"Off with their heads"

Suddenly, Elsa came back with a horrified Hatter.

She let go of his ear walked towards me and Alice.

"Hey Alice, One more question. Have you ever seen The Man In The Moon? Or Manny sometimes"

Alice put her finger under her chin.

"Manny? Man in the moon. I've heard about him. But just a few rumors, I've never seen him"

Rumors?

"What rumors?" Elsa asked.

"Umm. Something about how he only comes out on the day of a full moon. That's it. He's one of the most mysterious rumors out there"

Hatters suit turned orange, I swear.

"Elsa. Did he just turn orange or have I just gone mad?" I whispered.

"Oh uh yeah. That happens. He's like a mood ring. His suit changes color depending on mood"

"What does orange mean?"

"How am I supposed to know"

I let out a sigh.

My arm started to hurt. Like something was sinking into my flesh.

I turned my head to find Cheshire. He had his grin on and acted as if nothing was happening.

Jerk.

"The Man In The Moon, eh?"

His nails, or should I say, claws dug deeper into my shoulder.

"Elsie, you remember The Queen Of Hearts. They say she knows everything about everyone. Maybe she knows about the Man In The Moon?"

Nope. I am not letting Elsa get near that woman.

Hatter walked up and stood beside me, watching peacefully.

I noticed he had a stitches around his neck. Hidden right under his tie.

"Alright" Elsa answered.

"NO YOU CAN'T GO THERE! WHAT IF SHE HURTS YOU?! SHE'LL DRINK YOUR BLOOD!" I screamed as I clung to her arm.

I felt a soft hand land on my shoulder.

It was Hatter.

"Let me speak to the boy, Elsa"

She nodded and turned to Alice.

The Hatter put his hand on my back and led me into another corridor.

Before I could say anything he grabbed his hat and put it on me. Followed my a soft smile.

"Oh, my boy"

"What? What'd you do?!"

"The hat. It's purple" He had a happy look in his eyes.

"What are you talking about?!"

Hatter let out a small laugh.

"My hat matches it's wearers mood. Like a mood ring. Listen here boy, Elsa's a very confusing young girl. She has too many secrets and emotions, so be careful. Her flaws are an important part of her. She doesn't open up to people very easily, but you seem special. Keep her close, and don't let Cheshire take her. I don't trust that boy"

He pushed me towards where Elsa was and grabbed his hat.

Elsa was talking to Alice.

Cheshire watched her from the top of a garbage bin, with a glint of lust in his eyes.