Fairytail (chap 54)

Elsa's POV

I was disgusted with myself.

With everything I've done.

I'm ridden with revenge. But I don't want it to end. I will avenge my parents, Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian, Eric. Everyone.

I will get my revenge.

Jack's reaction was emotionless.

I couldn't read him like I used to. Which was awfully weird.

I've never opened up to anyone like this before.

Not even Anna.

Everything felt so different when I was around him. Even before.

I just enjoyed his presence, even if it caused me pain.

It's been a while since I've talked about Ariel. Maybe a few years, I'm not sure.

I didn't know that I'd be able to speak of it ever again.

And of course it hurt to talk about it. It always hurts to talk about my past.

It always hurts.

"Hey Elsa?" Jack asked

I couldn't bring myself to look him in the eyes.

I couldn't move my mouth. It felt as if I was completely paralyzed. This happened the last time I spoke of Ariel.

So I just nodded.

"Would you mind if we could try to do this again. I kinda screwed up this time, but I promise I won't next time!"

No ones ever done this for me. Everyone that's tried to befriend me gave up on the first try.

Except Jack.

When we were younger he'd always try to get me to build a sand castle with him.

And I always refused.

But he'd keep coming and coming. Then one day I came out and Jack had built a gigantic sand castle. He ran up to me and told me that I could be the queen and that he'd be the king.

That was the day I began to warm up to him. Of course our castle was kicked down, since I was hated throughout the class because I rejected everyone that asked to play with me.

Except for Jack.

After he became my friend, Jack was kicked out of the sand box and we were forced to play with the woodchips. We were okay with that. He was so determined to become my friend back then that he left everything behind.

But everyday the castle we built would get smaller and smaller. And soon it got to a point to where I had to build it by myself.

But I didn't mind.

I was scared to accept his offer. And to this day I don't know why.

But I nodded.

~~~~random time warp for sometime later that day~~~~

Jack's POV

I was walking around the halls of the orphanage. Thinking about Elsa's words last night

~flashback more like flashfoot~

I looked over at Elsa's after she finished answering my question.

She was pushed up against the wall, with her knees to her chest. Shivering uncontrollably. Her hair casting a shadow on her face.

I knew that if Elsa wanted to get over the Ariel thing she'd have to talk about it sometime.

And no ones around. It's just me and Elsa.