Sushi (chap 53)

Jack's POV

Ariel?

"I've heard that name before" I said

"She's a pretty famous swimmer. Anyways she loved the ocean. Her, her boyfriend Eric, and her two best friends Sebastian and Flounder were all living in a boat just on the dock. Since she was disowned as a child because she tried to run away, Ariel didn't have a home. So her and and everyone else lived in Eric's tiny boat.

Ariel never told the public. But she was mute. She managed to keep it hidden for the sake of her career. Though she never used the money on herself. Ariel only donated it to charities.

When she was a bit younger, A woman named Ursula attacked her friends. And her being the loyal person she was, Ariel fought back. But she was hurt in the process.

Ursula had hit her head with a metal pole, damaging the Broca's area of her brain. Causing her to lose her ability to speak.

Luckily Eric was there and he attacked her with a wooden pole. Ursula was arrested, but the doctors couldn't find a way to help Ariel.

When I met Ariel, she was being chased by a few perverts while Eric was buying something in the store next door.

I put on my Snow Queen disguise and chased off the guys.

I invited her and her friends to stay at our house since it was probably horrible living in a tiny space with 4 people. She accepted.

Me and Ariel had been friends ever since.

She's saved me from so many circumstances I can't even list them. Everyday she would leave the house and come back with a brand new collection of things.

Then. One day. Eric and Sebastian died. It was said they were at sea when their boat was damaged. Purposely. They drowned to death,

We received a letter from Pitch, containing pieces of Sebastian and Eric's clothing.

Ariel was traumatized. I promised her I would get revenge on Pitch.

The next day I got all my men and we left to attack Pitch. With Ariel and Flounder tagging along to see.

I was the leader so I stood in front. With no view of who was behind me.

I should've looked back.

While we were running, I didn't realize that Pitch was following us.

He grabbed Flounder and covered his mouth so he couldn't scream. Flounder was too young to run out of his grip. Pitch used him as bait.

Because he knew Ariel would chase after him"

Elsa's eyes were filling with tears

"H-He killed Flounder. Ariel tried to run. But Pitch grabbed her. He. He s-skinned"

"Elsa. If it hurts you, you don't have to tell me"

Elsa clenched her fists

"NO. I HAVE TO TELL YOU. YOU DESERVE TO KNOW!"

Elsa loosened up.

"I'm sorry for yelling. But I'm going to tell you.

P-Pitch. He sk-skinned her alive. And because she was mute. We couldn't hear her screams. Or her cries for help. Her pain. Nothing.

After an hour of looking for Pitch. I realized Ariel and Flounder were gone.

I immediately sent all my men to look for her. We all split up.

My strength depends on my mood. And at the time, I was in despair. I didn't want to lose anyone else. I became weaker. Pitch took this chance to capture me.