I Was Wrong (chap 7)

Jack's POV

After the whole Edna thing I started questioning myself.

Was I wrong about Elsa?

Why did I feel this new pain in my chest

Was it.... Guilt?

I shook the questions out of myself and followed Elsa into ANOTHER room.

The only thing was this looked like an archery room

It had targets covering the walls and a large selection of bows and arrows to choose from

In the room stood one girl

She had frizzy red hair and was aiming her bow at one of the targets.

She released the arrow and got a bullseye.

"Hey Mer" Elsa said while waving at the girl.

I recognized her right away after that.

The girl was Merida Dunbroch.

"Hey El- What's he doing here" she said while sending me a glare.

"He followed me here and granny told me to show him around and explain to him by telling some stories so he can keep his mouth shut" Elsa responded while not even caring to give me a glance

"What am I chopped liver?!" I said while flailing my arms around.

"Anyways Mer, I feel like he might need to know your story" Elsa said

"You want me to tell this douchebag my story?!"

Okay so let me explain this.

Merida is in the same grade as us, but all her classes are different from Elsa's, but me and Merida have some classes together.

And of course, me being the devilishly handsome jerk I was, I bullied her.

But then I stopped because that girl throws a good punch.

We'll back to the conversation.

"Believe me Mer, If I didn't have to do this, he wouldn't even be here. But granny insisted" Elsa looked as equally annoyed as Merida, but I tried not to take it personally

"Fine!"

Merida walked towards a couple of targets and...opened them?

I hadn't realized there was a closet door hidden behind the targets.

We'll Merida opened the door and pulled out three beanbags.

We all sat down and Merida began to tell her story.

"My dad was a soldier and worked for the army while my mum stayed home with ma three little brothers and me. My mum kept trying to make me a girly girl. I was only a wee child, maybe about 8 or 9, I had forgotten what it was like to really appreciate things in my life.

I felt as if she wanted to change me, to make me something I'm not. Everyday I would go out and practice my archery. It was the only thing I felt fit me. It was the only thing I enjoyed. One day there was a fire in my house. My mom had forgotten to turn off the stove and her calendar caught on fire. And since we lived in a wooden house, it didn't go very well. My mother died in the fire. While I ran into save my brother I hadn't realized that my mum had been crushed by a peice of burning wood that fell from the roof.

Me and my brothers ran into the woods. We knew we would get separated if we stayed, so we lived I the woods for a while. I know it sounds really crazy, but we were taken in by a mother bear. She hunted fish for us and after a while, she taught us how! She took is in as if we were her own. Every night we would all snuggle up to her warm furry body and sleep in a small dark cave."

That explains a lot of Merida's habits, and why she throws such a good punch.

But what about her dad?

"And if yer wondering why we didn't contact our father, me and ma brothers managed to get the only item that was saved from the fire. It was a letter, the letter that my mother had gotten before the fire even started. The letter that stated my fathers death."

It was like she read my mind!

"Well back to the story! One day, during the hunting season me and Mordu, ( A/N: yup, I couldn't come up with a name so I pulled one out from the movie, except this one isn't evil) Which is the name I had grown to calling her, were hunting in a nearby river, I had learned to carve a spear, which brought me to carve this bow. *raises bow*. I even learned how to make arrows with just a stick and a rock! Well while we here hunting, someone shot Mordu. I was so scarred. That night me and ma brothers slept next to the lifeless body of Mordu, weeping silently.

We managed to survive a few days, before we were pretty much just flesh and bones. I had matured so much for a wee lass. I decided that we would move to the city. We thought it might me warmer there and that there'd be more food. And we left.

I spent most of my time scavenging trash cans while ma 3 brothers stole from food stands near the alleyway we lived in. Every night we slept inside an abandoned dumpster with trash bags as cushions. One night Elsa and her sister ran into me while me and am brothers were running from some vendors. We were both around 9 or 10 years old at the time, it had only been more than half a year since my parents died. They helped us get away from the man chasing us. Elsa took us in, at the time it had just been Elsa, Mark, and Elsa's sister Anna. They gladly took me and ma brothers in and accepted us as family, and so far things have changed for the better. And that's it. Now can you get this douchebag outta ma face please?"

Elsa grabbed my hand and waved at Merida while pulling me towards another room.

A/N I think that was one of the longest chapters yet. Sorry this took so long, but I made up for it right! So now you met Merida. But you'll have to wait a while to hear Elsa's story. Making you guy wait adds to the suspense.

Hope you enjoyed!