Finding Olaf (chap 38)

Jack's POV

I-I didn't know.

The guilt was eating at my heart.

Elsa had been through all of this pain. All of it without me.

Because of me.

How could I be so stupid!

She went through all the pain I put her through just so she could see me happy.

Now I understand why she was so scared to make that promise.

She had to go through all of that, but still doesn't hate me.

Why?

Elsa wasn't hugging back. And I knew she wouldn't.

Now I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to say or how to react.

But I didn't let go.

Even when Elsa tried to pull away from me I hugged her tighter.

I'm going to keep this promise.

Even if it kills me.

Elsa's POV

Jack eventually let go of me. I could tell he wasn't expecting me to forgive him.

And I wasn't really planning to.

It hurt me to look at him. So see him realize what it took him so long to see.

I knew I wouldn't be able to see that twinkle in his eyes again.

Or at least not from my pain.

I got up and began to walk to the door.

Slowly, I turned the knob.

Then I looked over my shoulder.

"Goodbye Jack"

I shut the door behind me and proceeded to walk forward.

I wonder if I'll regret ever telling him.

Jack's POV

I watched Elsa leave.

Her face was still emotionless when she spoke.

I feel like they haven't told me everything. Like, something was missing.

Everything was changing so quickly I didn't have any time to catch up.

It was like time was leaving me behind, going on ahead without me. Trapped in the past.

I didn't want to break down. But I could feel the tears forming in the corners of my eyes.

How could I have been so cruel. I thought I was the victim. That I was the hero of the story. That I was the one with problems and obstacles.

But it turns out, I was the villain.

I don't want to be the villain. But I don't deserve to be a hero. My problems were a speck of dust compared to Elsa's. And I was one of them.

I stood up and walked towards the door.

What am I going to do?

The doorknob clicked as the door squeaked open.

I wiped the tears of my face. I didn't want the children to see me cry.

My foot stepped over to the hall. Tapping against the wooden floor.

Elsa's POV

I was in my room now.

My fingers were trying to push the broken window lock open.

The alleyway below me was complete darkness, but I needed to get out of here for a bit.

Finally, I managed to push the lock open.

My fingers crawled and wrapped around the bottom of the window.

I pulled up and a cold breeze hit my face. Not that it bothered me.

The cold never bothered me.

I slipped my leg over the window, then the other. Holding on to the misplaced bricks that were sticking out of the building.

I climbed down carefully, making sure I didn't catch the attention of anyone passing by.

Brick by brick I made it down. Carefully laying my foot on the cement, then jumping down.

All I needed was a small stroll through the alleyways. That should help.

I undid my bun then pulled out my blue mask and my ice blue beanie to give me my signature Snow Queen look. I couldn't just go out there and reveal my identity!

Quickly, I put them on.

I made sure my fathers sword was at my side. There were plenty of people out there who would give anything to kill me, I needed something to protect myself.

I began to just..wander around the alleys. Feeling even more homesick.

Home. Oh how I wish I could just go back home.

"AAAAAAH!!" The voice of a child screamed.

My instinct kicked in and I began to follow the sound, determined to help.

I turned the corner to find a group of grown men kicking something.

"HaHa Boss! This is a lot easier when they're little, then they can't run away"

And they were douchebags too.

I snuck up on them from behind, not making a sound. Carefully moving closer.

"Boo"

All the men turned around and jumped back in shock when they saw me.

"I-ITS THE SNOW QUEEN" One yelled nervously.

"RUN!"

The gang of men left running out of the alleyway.

There in the middle of their circle lay a young boy.

Maybe about 5 or 6. Maybe even 7?

He had skin as pale as snow and jet black hair that stuck up everywhere.

He was curled up into a little ball, hugging himself.

Why would someone do something like this to a child?!

I walked up to the boy slowly, making sure I didn't startle him.

"Hey there. Don't be scared, I'm here to help" I said while kneeling down

The little boy looked up. His eyes slowly filling with tears.

"Where are your parents?" I asked

His eyes turned confused.

"My mommy told me she didn't want me and took me here. Then she called someone and those mean people came. She gave then some money and told them to finish me off. Then she forgot me here when she left" the boy said.

What kind of mother would pay to have her child beaten to death?!

"But I know she's not coming back for me" The boy said out of nowhere.

Even at such a young age, this child understood what happened.

"What's your name?" I asked

"My name is Olaf, and I like warm hugs!" he said happily.

Then he ran into my arms.

And for the first time in a while, I hugged back.

A/N Wow. Everyone started seriously hating Jack last chapter. Buuuuuut, WE HIT 40K OHMAGLOB MA POTATERS!!!! This is amaziiiiiiiiing. With a lot of I's. Because eyes and I . No? because people read with their eyes and- you know what, forget it. So....Olaf is here! I was waiting for the right time to add him to the story and decided, why not now! But anyways thank you for reading

Hope you enjoyed!

*throws billions and billions of waffles AND hedgehogs at the audience*

Sorry for any grammatical errors and crap.