Chapter 52

Peeta's POV

I hug my amazing wife as she rests our daughter Willow on her shoulder.
My arms wrapped around her waist and hers holding Willow's neck and back.

Katniss was finally allowed to stand and stretch, after a day of just sitting, last night.
Katniss was so relieved that she stood for 1/2 an hour with me.

I look to my beautiful daughters face and see her eyes squished closed and her hands in small fists. I smile, she looks at peace in her mothers arms.

Katniss is doing so well, I never expected her to take on her mother role such easily.

I kiss Katniss on her left cheek and rest my chin on top of her head.

"You know I love you." I quietly state, not wanting to wake Willow.

"I know. The number of times you tell me doesn't make up to how much I love you." Katniss replies and I chuckle. My typical Katniss.

She turns herself around in my embrace.
"Can you hold her?" Katniss asks and I nod. Katniss carefully detaches Willow from her shoulder and hands her to me.

I give Willow a quick kiss on her cheek before resting her on my shoulder. Soon enough Willow makes herself comfortable.

"I'll be a minute." Katniss tells me. She gives me a kiss before heading into the bathroom.

I walk up to the window in the room and look out of it. I peer down and see a crowd of people and cameras.

"Oh great." I sarcastically mutter. I quickly turn away from the window so they don't catch a glimpse a Willow.

All they know is that Katniss has given birth. No name or gender reveal yet.

I feel Willow start to move on my shoulder and I slowly try my best to see her. I notice she has woken up from her nap.

"Hello pumpkin." I greet and lie her in my arms. I've given Willow a couple of nicknames and Pumpkin is my favourite. It just suits somehow.

I hear the door open and shut and I turn to see Katniss walking towards me.
She peers over me and sees the awake Willow.

"Hello cutie pie!" Katniss exclaimed and strokes the side of Willow's head.

"Hello to you too." I joke and Katniss playfully hits my arm.

I return serious again in seconds.

"There's a sea of Capitol reporters and cameras down there." I say, pointing to the window.

Katniss sighs. "I want her to stay out of the limelight." Katniss confesses and leans her head on my shoulder.

"I know. I do too." I reply and kiss her head again.

We've been through thick and thin. Good and bad since our wedding, but this special time in both our lives was decided after the always.

THAT'S IT! AFTER THE ALWAYS IS COMPLETED. NEWS FOR A SEQUEL COMING SOON.