Chapter 27

Katniss' POV

"Kat, I know you want me around but Jason has told me about this special cake that needs to be done by this afternoon. I need to go work." Peeta admits.

"Don't worry. I'll drop by later." I answer and kiss Peeta's cheek. He bends down to place his boots on.

Once they are double knotted he stands up and I place his coat on him. Peeta smiles gratefully.
He turns towards me. I smile before he gives me a quick kiss. "So I'll see you sometime later?" I nod in response to Peeta's question.

"Okay." Peeta gives me another quick kiss. "Bye sweetie." He says.

"Bye." I add before he is out if the door. I walk across to the single window and watch Peeta walk quickly towards the Victor's Village gate.

I sigh and smile before sitting on the closest couch to me.
Now what can I do?

My head makes me decide to turn on the projector which I do.
A picture from Peeta and my 'official' engagement photo shoot shown next to Caesar Flickerman once it is turned on. Caesar talk about some new news they've discovered and for some reason I pay attention.

"We have some new leaked photo's of our lovers near the woods of District 12, 3 weeks ago." A couple of pictures flash up on the screen of Peeta and I standing in the meadow on our wedding anniversary.
"Supposedly these were taken while they were out on their wedding anniversary. Although we aren't sure that that was the event of that day. We hope to catch up with them again and possibly ask about these photo's." Caesar adds.

My mouth drops open in shock.
"No, no. This is the wrong time Caesar. We aren't coming!" I tell the Caesar on the screen.

I watch the rest of the program and once it's finished, I change the channel and glance at the wall clock.

1:15. Wow, lunch time already!

I leave the projector on and walk into the kitchen to make myself lunch.
After eating a couple of cheese buns, I sit back down and watch for a few more hours.

The next time I check the clock it's 3:45 pm. I should probably go get ready to see Peeta.

I turn the projector off and reluctantly head upstairs. I was so comfortable on the couch. Oh well.
I change and slip on an orange top and plain jeans before walking at a moderately quick pace to the front door.

I place my shoes and coat on before opening the door. I get the keys from their spot and head out.
Once I exit the house, I am hit with a slight breeze. Making it a nice afternoon. I lock the front door and place the keys in my coat pocket.

By the time I reach the bakery it will be 4 pm. If I keep at this pace.
At 4 o'clock, I reach the bakery.

I smirk before heading up the stairs and opening the bakery door.

-RIP Dennis Hutcherson, Josh's grandfather he dedicated his Teen Choice Award to, after he passed away from cancer that night.-