Chapter 24

Peeta's POV

I stroke Katniss' back and she hugs me tightly. Her head resting on my chest.
My other hand is placed in her hair.

I sway us gently side to side as we stand in a clearing close to the lake.
My lips make contact with her head and I kiss it before placing my chin on her head.

"You will always be precious to me in my eyes Katniss." I comment to Katniss to break the silence.

"I love you so much Peeta." Katniss replies.

"I do as well." I say to my wife and she moves her arms tighter around me.

I look up and around us and can see the lake close by. The sun light making bright stars on the water.

I decide to move my hands and rest them both on Katniss' back. Still swaying, Katniss kisses me on the neck and I let out a quiet, small moan.
Katniss chuckles before kissing my neck again.

I smile when I place both my hands on her cheeks and kiss her.

The fire I always seem to feel rushes through my body and I close my eyes, our lips moving in sync.

--------------

Katniss grasps onto my hand as we dry off, from being in the lake, in the sun.
"See, you are getting there sweetie." Katniss congratulates me. I am now able to float in the water.

I still got scared heading into the water but I overcame it quite quickly.
I kiss Katniss' temple and brush my nose against it. Katniss chuckles.

"What?" I ask her, confused.

"It tickles." Katniss replies with a smile. I brush my nose on the same spot and she laughs.

I smile and snake my arms around her and place her on my lap. She leans back and I place my lips on her neck and give it a few pecks before I remove them from there.

Katniss rests her head on my shoulder and leans her head against my neck.

Once she is comfortable, I glance down at her flat stomach.

I really want kids and for Katniss to carry my child would be such a privilege. She would make a really good mother but I know she denies it.

"Yes." Katniss states and I gasp.

"I said how much out loud?" I blush. I normally don't speak my thoughts.

"All of it." Katniss says and sighs herself.

"We've been married 8 years now Kat, has your mind changed at all?" I ask, in my mind begging for a different answer.

"I'm considering the idea." Katniss starts and my hopes are risen. "But, I'm still in denial." Katniss adds and that hope vanishes in seconds. Katniss turns around and faces me. She cups my cheeks into her hands.
"Once, there I fell comfortable and I am not in complete denial, I'll decide if we give it a go. Okay?"

I nod but tears start to fall. Why am I crying?

"Oh, Peeta. Come here baby." Katniss brings me into a hug and starts comforting me.

"I - I don't know why I'm crying." I state and Katniss chuckles. My tears start to stop slowly and I wipe my cheeks.

"Can I have a kiss now?" Katniss asks and I give her a quick kiss on her lips. Once we break, Katniss and I sadly smile at each other before she gives me a peck on my cheek.

"Let's go inside." Katniss suggests and stand up, before she helps me up. We then walk into our lake house silently.