Chapter 39

Peeta's POV

I watch as Katniss plops herself onto the couch. She closes her eyes and places a hand to her forehead.

"Katniss?" I ask and go to her aid.

"I'm a little dizzy." She replies and I slowly lie her down on the couch.
I make sure she's comfortable before I speak again.

"I'll get you a drink?" I suggest and she nods, eyes still closed.
"Okay." I murmur before kissing her head and heading into the kitchen.

I grab a glass from the cupboard and fill it up with cold water.

I walk back to her with it and offer it to her. "Kat?" She opens her eyes but immediately shuts them again.

"Soon. I'm still feeling quite dizzy." She answers and I place it on the coffee table. I sit close to her on the floor beside the couch and look after her until her dizziness is over.

--------------------

"Oh, remember our cake that Jason made for us!" Katniss exclaims pointing at our wedding cake in our wedding album.

"I do." I reply and kiss Katniss' temple. I look back at the picture of our cake. I remember the white icing. Green ribbon and beige string wrapping around each tier. The lovely paper flowers flowing down one side of the cake I truly remember.

Katniss flips a few more pages, just photos of the reception and then our toasting comes into view.
Katniss grasps my hand tighter and gives me a big smile. The moment we were officially a married couple.

This made our night feel wonderful and meaningful.

I felt we could just have just said our vows, exchanged rings, had the toasting and it would be finished. Sealed with a passionate kiss. Even that would have been magical.
But that was the happiest day of my life. If anything was different, it wouldn't have been as good as that.

"Kat." I quietly call and she looks at me. I place my lips onto hers and we share a passionate kiss, just like the one from our toasting.

When we separate we smile at each other and I turn to page. Revealing our photos with the guests.

I look at the first page and look at the one with our bridesmaids and groomsmen. Johanna, Annie and Finn, Beetee, Delly, Rory Hawthorne and Vick Hawthorne.

I smile and turn my gaze to the next photo, containing Katniss, Haymitch, Effie and I. In this photo you can tell Haymitch and Effie were proud that we were now married.

"We should see if Effie want to come and see us? We've got a bit of news don't we?" I ask and Katniss nods.

"I'll ring her when we've finished here." I add and then look at the one Katniss can't get here eyes off of. It's with our ring bearer and flower girl with us. Finn and Posy Hawthorne. They were so happy that day.

I smile and Katniss closes the remainder of the book. Katniss sighs and we look at each other.

"That was the best day of my life." I confess.

"Mine too." Katniss says and we kiss. Once we separate, I got up to the phone. Prepared to call Effie.