Chapter 5

Katniss' POV

I turn my head towards the stairs as I hear heavy footsteps coming down them a week later. Peeta soon comes into view and he is dressed for the bakery.
I frown and once Peeta is down he comes to me.

"Gotta go for work Kat." he tells me. I knew it.

He leans over the back of the sofa I'm sitting on and I lean my head back. He gives me a small kiss on the lips and I grab his arms.

"Why do you have to go? I'm going to be so bored." I whine like a little kid and he decides to stand in front of me, my hands in his.

"Katniss I haven't been there for 2 and a half weeks now. I have to start working again. You know that." I slowly and slightly nod.

"But can I come with you?"

"Can't you go to the lake and touch up the house or something like that?" Peeta asks me, he knows I can become a distraction.

"But I want to spend more time with my husband." I complain with a pout and wait.

Normally Peeta gives in so I just have to wait for it now.
Peeta then sighs deeply in defeat, "Today." He answers and my pout becomes a smile. It worked.

I place both my hands on his cheeks and pull him closer so I can kiss him. Our lips attach for a short time. After I end our kiss we place our coats on a slip on our shoes.

Peeta unhooks the keys from its spot on the wall and we enter the outside world by a slight cool breeze.

Peeta shuts and locks the door before we link arms and start our walk to the bakery. Peeta restarted the bakery a year and a half after the rebellion ended. From the end of the rebellion till the opening day he was baking in his home in the victors village. His home I now call mine.

I still remember the opening day. I was with him, he needed me. A group 12 citizens came to the opening. A red ribbon crossed over the door and a big bow held together. Peeta held the scissors which he would use to cut and open the bakery. I stood behind him, a hand on his shoulder as he snipped apart the sealed ribbon. I remember immediately afterwards, he turned to look at me. We both had beaming smiles on our faces, Peeta was close to tears and he gave me a big hug which we held for so long. That night, we ate the first loaf of bread he made at the bakery along with lamb stew.

I smile as the memory sticks in my mind for such a short time then fades away.

"Thought of something nice I see?" Peeta says with a smirk which breaks my daze. I turn to him.

"Yeah, just remembered the opening day of the bakery." I reply with a smile and Peeta nods.

"Yes that was such a good day." Peeta comments and now it's my turn to nod. I look in front of me and notice we are approaching the steps of the bakery.

I wonder if any mischief will occur in that building today. At the thought I add on a smirk.