Chapter 8

Katniss' POV

When I know Peeta is to far away to hear me, I crash and breakdown.
I start to scream and cry. Not for me, not for Peeta but for how our lives are torture. Made up of mostly negative memories.

I lean myself against the wall of the room, eyes shut tight. I cry my eyes out.

"Why!?" I exclaim. "WHY!?" I continue to be distraught and sink to the floor.

I bend over, my forehead touching the ground and shed the tears that won't stop flowing.
I don't know how no one has noticed as I am so loud. No one comes to my aid.

I slide slowly so I am lying on my side, stretched our like a person that has fallen unconscious.

I've never been like this. "Oh Peeta. Peeta I need to you right now." I mutter. All I want is his presence, his warmth protecting me but he's a long way away. In surgery.

I continue to spill the tears, they flow down my cheeks like a fire hose. They just keep coming. I turn onto my back and cover my face with my hands.

My body has basically shut down and there's nothing I can do but sob.

I love you. I'm okay. Those words repeat in my mind. Those voice of Peeta saying them. "But you're not Peeta. You're not okay." I say and sit up.

I continue to be in one of the worst positions you would want to be in. I wail, cry and scream. Repeated.

All I want is Peeta. I want a perfectly happy life. I wish the games hadn't scarred us.
I punch the tile floor and cry in anger. "It's all your fault Snow. All. Your. Fault." I say screaming at the ceiling. I stare at the white ceiling and have had enough of this white room and world.

I dip my head and rest my head on my lap. I start shaking and it gets too unbearable. "Peeta." I repeatedly murmur.

"Miss?" I hear someone behind me.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I scream and guard my body. I know the person was going to try and comfort me but only Peeta can do that.

"Please, leave, me alone." I manage to say. The person disappears as the sound of the footsteps turn into nothing but silence.

I once again sink to the ground and lie there. Shaking, sobbing and eyes closed so tight it's all black. My head rests on my arm, stretched out and I cry myself out. Before I know it, the world goes silent.

- - - - - - -

"Miss? Miss?" I wake up to someone shaking me. I open my eyes and look up to see a nurse.
"Peeta's here and awake." She points up and I follow her finger to see Peeta staring at me.

I smile and nod before standing up. "Thank you." I brush my top and the nurse leaves.

I look at Peeta to find him fear striken. Tears comes to my eyes as I walk over to

"Kat?" He asks me and I nod.

"Yeah?" I take his hand in mine and give him a small smile. Peeta places a cold hand on my cheek and tears start to spill from his eyes and so does mine.

"I woke up and saw you unconscious on the floor." He stutters and I kiss his cheek.

"It's okay. I was very distraught before and just fell asleep on the floor. I'm okay."

"Distraught?" I sadly nod at him. "Oh Katniss. Why were you distraught!?"

"I was scared. Frightened." I start crying again. I wipe my eyes with my sleeve. "About us." Peeta starts crying as well and he hugs me. His arms wrapped around tightly. We cry into each others shoulders. Minutes fly by and I break the hug.

"Besides worrying about me, how are you?" I ask, trying to change the topic.

"I'm a bit tired. My leg hurts a little." He answers.

"Okay." I nod and Peeta gives me a kiss. When we separate, I wipe Peeta's cheeks.

We give each other a sad smile and think, at least we have each other for comfort. Nothing can separate us.