Chapter 49

Katniss' POV

(A/N: I read all your comments from yesterday's chapter! Thank you and I will be giving you 3 more chapters after this.)

I cry so loud in pain I could make something fall off a shelf. This new contraction pain was excruciating. I grasp onto Peeta's hand and the bed sheets tightly.

The pain keeps shooting from my lower abdomen to my lungs. As the pain dies down I start crying. I look to Peeta and see a panic look in his eyes.

Peeta holds my hand and places his hand in my cheek.

"Peeta, I want to push real bad." I complain and he didn't reply.

Adriana comes rushing to the hospital bed. The next contraction makes itself known, worse than the last one. I close my eyes and scream. I raise my back off the bed and turn my head to the right.

"Peeta!" I whine through the pain. The pain dies down and I open my eyes. Peeta places his other hand over mine and bends over, resting his elbows on the bed.

"It's okay. It's okay." Peeta tries to comfort.

"I NEED TO PUSH!" I shout at Adriana but they don't reply saying I can. I grasp Peeta's hand.

"You can start when your next contraction hits okay?" Adriana alerts me and I nod. I feel the next contraction coming on and I prepare to deliver my daughter.

"3,2,1." I murmur before the pain hits and I push with all my might. I dip my head and clench my teeth together. My eyes squished tight.

Peeta murmurs encouraging words into my ear and soon I drop my head back and stop the push. I pant and open my eyes and look at Peeta. He gives me a sad smile before looking towards Adriana.

"That was really good for a first try Katniss. But I need you to do it harder if you want her sooner." Adriana comments and I sigh in anger.

"Just keep going strong. Break my hand while squeezing through the pain if you have to." Peeta says and gives me a smile.

I sit up and cope through the next wave of pain through wailing. Peeta rubs my forearm as I try to keep the push a long one. After what feels like minutes, I gasp as all the pain leaves me again.

"If you do some more of those on your next contractions she will be here very soon." Adriana adds and Peeta and I look at each other.

"Hear that? She's nearly here!" Peeta exclaims and we smile. "Remember, take all the pain out on me." He adds. I close my eyes, remembering his words and cry in pain as I begin pushing again. This contraction doesn't go as long.

"Give me the pain. Give me the pain." Peeta demands and I squeeze his hand harder before letting go.

"Peeta! It's hurting so much. I'm tired. I want to stop." I complain and tears start running down my cheeks as I take my break.

"Kat, don't give up just yet. You're nearly there." Peeta encourages and kisses my nose.

Adriana quickly gets up and grabs a towel before sitting down again. I start pushing again as the contraction starts up again. I grasp onto Peeta's hand tighter and continue pushing.

"One more push and you're finished?" Adriana exclaims and I see Peeta's eyes light up. Without going with the contraction I lean forward and push. I want to see her.

Soon I feel all the pain go out of me and I lie myself back down on the bed and pant.

"It's a girl!" Adriana exclaims and places my daughter on my chest. Adriana uses the towel to clean my daughter and I place a hand on the towel.

My child starts screaming and I smile with tears of joy running down my face. Peeta starts sobbing and kneels beside the bed. Peeta looks at our daughter and I can't seem to take my eyes off of her.

I am now a mother.

(A/N: Writing the end of this chapter, I actually couldn't believe they have their daughter now! 😊 )