Chapter 4

Peeta's POV

Katniss and I got back from our honeymoon yesterday.
We finished the lake house and it's so beautiful. Even if it is only housing two people at the moment.

I hope that number will grow. Katniss and I are now married. I'll just have to wait, till Katniss' thought changes. How long? I don't have a clue.

"Peeta?" Katniss pulls me out of my thoughts and I face her. Sitting on the couch.

"Yeah honey?" I answer and she extends her arms towards me. Her hands gesture me to go to her and I do.
Once I reach her, she engulfs me into a hug. I don't know why she wants a hug.
I smile and can tell she does too.

I break away and I let my eyes linger and focus on her grey orbs.
I lean forward and we give each other a quick peck of a kiss. We smile again when we break apart.

"Join me." Katniss pats the empty couch space next to her and I decide to occupy it. I sit down and make myself comfortable before engaging in a conversation with her.

"You okay Kat? You don't seem like your normal self."

"I'm fine." Katniss replies so quickly but I can register by her tone it's a lie. Sadly. I let it slip and go on pretending I didn't notice.

We just sit there silent. Me with my hand on her thigh, covered by her clothing.

Soon Katniss starts twiddling her thumbs and I know I have to burst the bubble. Even though she's stubborn I have to find out why. I do love and care for her after all.

"Katniss. I know something's not quite write. You can trust me. Tell m-"

"Peeta I'm scared." she states and looks at me, dead in the eyes.

"Why are you scared?" I ask and get off the couch and sit in front of her on the floor, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling my prosthetic is making it.

I grab her hands in mine and Katniss just looks at me. "Why?" I urge, trying to get an answer.

"I - I don't want to loose you." I get slightly confused.

"Kat, I'd never leave you," I kiss her entwined hands. "What makes you think I'd go?"

"Your hijacking attacks." she chokes and starts sobbing. I let a tear slip but wipe it away. I have to stay strong.

"If I have an attack remember I'll come back and will stay with you."

"Always?" Katniss say, just audible to my ears.

I nod and give her a small sad smile. "Always. Besides, the last time I had an attack was....." I have to think, it was quite a while ago. "At the start of the year. They only come occasionally."

"But that was horrifying! You nearly killed me!" At the word, the memory flashes before my eyes. I nearly killed Katniss that time, it was one of my worst ones. I shake the thought off.

"That's in the past now. Gone." I say and snap my fingers. "Like that."

"But from then that's all my nightmares have been about, one of us leaving the other."
I stand up and envelope Katniss in a hug.

She then bursts into tears and clutches my shirt.

I pick her up, take her up to our bedroom. I lie on the bed, Katniss still holding onto me and we lie there.

Until Katniss finishes.