Chapter 41

Peeta's POV

That evening it went down hill.
It's been 3 days now since the gender reveal and I'm worried about my wife.
Because, that night Katniss suddenly got sick.

It slowly got worse the next two days and then we are here. I watch as my pregnant wife is loaded into an ambulance.

This morning, Katniss was basically paralysed. She couldn't do any, too sick to. I called emergency services immediately.

"You can come with us sir." One of the paramedics tells me.

I, strangely, shake my head. "I need to get some things." I answer. "But can I talk to her briefly?" I add and the same paramedic nods.

I climb up into the ambulance and kneel by the stretcher Katniss lies on. I turn her face to look at me. Her eyes just look into mine.
"Kat, I love you so much. You are brave and strong. Fight this for our family. Us and the baby. I love you." I kiss her cheek.

"Stay with me?" I ask her but, as suspected, get no always from her lips. But I now she would if she could.

"I'll see you soon." I murmur and stand up. I nod at the paramedic and disembark from the ambulance.

The doors soon close and it leaves. Lights and sirens on.
I sign and run into my house, getting a bag and chucking belongings in. We might be there a while. I zip it up when it's packed full and run to our car.

I climb in, close the door and speed towards the hospital. I struggle to hold in my tears.

Once I near the building, I see an ambulance with it's lights still on and the doors open. She's here.

I park and run into the reception. "Katniss Mellark." I demand to the receptionist.

"She's in the emergency ward. No one can see her." She replies.

"I'm Peeta Mellark and I need to be with my wife!!" I scream in anger, not caring if I humiliate myself. The receptionist looks up and her mouth drops.

"I'm sorry sir. She's in the room number 13 down there." She adds, pointing to her left.

"Thank you. I'm so sorry." I apologize before running down the hall to her room.

I burst in and a doctor stands by her bed. He lifts his head towards me.
I speed walk to Katniss' side and give her hand on kiss.

Katniss' eyes are closed. Oh gosh.

"What's the problem?" I ask, worried.

"It's pretty serious, since she's pregnant." I gasp in shock and black out.