Chapter 47

Katniss' POV

"Peeta! Can you take your hand off my eyes now?" I whine as Peeta stops me somewhere in the house.

Peeta told me he had a surprise, covered my eyes and has led me here.

"In a minute Kat." He replies before I hear a door open.
"Just head straight..." Peeta instructs and I slowly walk in.

"and... Stop." Peeta adds and I stand. I hear Peeta take a deep breath beside me.
"Okay.. Now." Peeta says and his hand leaves my eyes.

At first I squint due to the light but once they adjust I gasp.
He brought me to the nursery.

"Oh Peeta." I exclaim and Peeta places a hand on my stomach and arm.
I look to my right and gasp again, tears streaming down my face.

Peeta has painted the wall. Our lake at sunset is what is laid on the blank wall that used to be.
"Go on. Have a closer look." Peeta encourages and I leave his embrace. I slowly walk over to the wall I can't tear my eyes off of.
Once I reach it I place my hand on it and burst into sobs. Peeta walks to me and strokes my back.

"It's wonderful Peeta." I comment and Peeta smiled.

I turn around and look around the room again. All the dark chocolate and white coloured furniture that we bought fits perfectly with the painted walls.

"You've done an amazing job Peeta. Thank you sweetie." I thank and hug my husband.
Peeta kisses my cheek and I briefly talk to my daughter.

"Hello little one. Mummy here. You are going to love your bedroom. Daddy did something extra special for you. See you soon." I immediately afterwards feel a kick.

I smile and stroke my stomach. Soon, my daughter will be in my arms.

----------------------

I wake up into a dark room. I place a hand on my stomach and quietly groan as I discover my daughter woke me up.

I glance towards the clock. 3:29am. I probably won't be getting sleep anytime soon.

I look over to my husband and find him looking like he's in a peaceful sleep.

I suddenly feel dry and decide to get myself a drink of water.

I slowly but painfully sit up. I try not to wake my husband. I want him to have his sleep.

I place a hand on my back and close my eyes for a couple of minutes.

Once I decide I should get up, I open my eyes and carefully swing my legs over the side of the bed.
Once my feet hit the cold wooden floor, I grasp onto my beside table which will help me up.

"3..2...1." I murmur before pushing myself up. It takes a couple of minutes but I get there.

I slowly let my hand go of the bedside table and straighten. As soon as I stand straight I hear a pop and feel a gush of water run down my legs.

I gasp and look down, a puddle of water beneath me. Oh no.

I start screaming as my first ever contraction hits. I grasp onto the bedside table with one hand and the other on my stomach.

I hear Peeta immediately wake up. I take deep breaths and close my eyes.
I hear bed sheets move and Peeta run over to me.

"Kat? Katniss what's happened?" He asks and then gasps.

I slowly open my eyes and look into his. One of my hands decide to grip his shoulder.

"It's - now."