Chapter 30

Peeta's POV

"Thank you Katniss." Our pregnancy doctor, Adriana, thanks.

Katniss just smiles and sits up in the bed. I grasp onto Katniss' hand.
"You feeling okay?" I ask her.

"A little sore now." She replies and I stroke her fingers with my thumb. I stand up and kiss Katniss on the cheek.

"You not feeling sick or anything?" I ask, I'm already being protective. Katniss shakes her head.

"Don't worry. I'm fine." She reassures me. I nod in understanding.

"Adriana?"

"Yes Katniss?" She replies, looking up at us.

"You mentioned to me about getting an estimated due date?"

"Oh yes. I've got one for you." Adriana replies, looking at her screen and clicking the mouse.
"May. Of next year of course." Adriana adds and Katniss and I look at each other in disbelief.

"Any specific day you've got?" I ask, a bit concerned it will fall on her birthday.

"Don't worry, I won't occur on her birthday. Sometime in the 2nd half of the month." Adriana answers and Katniss and I sigh in relief.
Adriana let's out a small laugh. "No need to panic. Remember it's only an estimate." Adriana adds. She stands up and comes to us.

"Okay. So I would like to see you in a months time. You can book one out in the reception." She smiles.

"4 weeks, okay. Thank you." I shake Adriana's hand and then get Katniss down from the bed.

I take Katniss' hand back in mine and we head to the door. "Bye Adriana." Katniss farewells.

"Bye you two." Adriana replies and I close the door. We walk to the reception and book our next appointment.

We both sign a form quickly and leave.

I wrap my arm around Katniss' shoulders and kiss her head.

"2 months in already." I quietly exclaim.

"Yeah. A week since I broke it to you." I nod after Katniss spoke.

"I'm still overjoyed about the news and how you told me." I reply, remembering the cake.

We may be broken from our past but we can now be happy. With a little Mellark on its way.

HAPPY 24TH BIRTHDAY J-LAW!!!!