Chapter 44

Katniss' POV

"Hey Kat?" Peeta asks me as I sit up on the hospital bed.

"Yeah?" I ask in rely.

"May I decorate the nursery?" Peeta says too quickly.
I just give him a nod and smile. He comes up to me and hugs me.

"Thank you sweetie." He thanks and kisses my cheek.

"Now, can you help me to the bathroom so I can get out of this uncomfortable gown?" I ask and Peeta nods.

He grabs my clothes from the bag and hands them to me. He unexpectedly then picks me up and carries me into the bathroom.
He sits me down on the sink bench and he stays there.

"You're gonna help me change aren't you?" Peeta nods. How wonderful and caring he is.

"Okay." I add and stand up. With Peeta as my support, I get changed and feel comfortable in my maternity wear.

Once I'm done, I place a hand on my stomach.

"17 weeks to go." I exclaim and show my husband a big smile.

"17 weeks." He says and I give him a passionate kiss.

"You excited?" I ask my husband, knowing what his answer will be.

"I'm more than excited Kat! I'm so happy you're carrying my child." Peeta comments and cups my cheeks in his hands.

"Just remember, I'm going to be there every step of the way. I already have been since the day you told me." I nod and smile.

"Now let's get you home." Peeta and helps me walk out with a hand on my lower back.

-------------

Sitting on Peeta's lap is so comforting.

We sit on the swing in the woods. Peeta swinging with his feet as we share an embrace.

We are so silent that the slight wind can be heard.

Peeta strokes his thumb on my belly. Now easily noticeable. My hand rests on top of his and I feel our baby girl kicking away.

She always seems to kick harder when Peeta's hand lies on my stomach. I don't mind it at all. I've gotten used to it.

In 15 weeks my child will be in my arms. I will be a mother and Peeta a father.

I sigh and Peeta turns his head towards me. "You alright Katniss?"

"Yeah." I simply reply to him and smile.

I haven't got much longer. 15 weeks till Peeta and I become Peeta and plus one.

And I'm ready for that.