Chapter 18

Katniss' POV

"But Peeta I don't want to go!" I whine as we pack our bags.
"I don't want to also Kat but we have to." Peeta retorts.

Guess what. The one and only Caesar Flickerman called us to come to the Capitol and do a catch-up interview.

"Kat?" A hand waves infront of my face. I regain my focus and discover the hand was Peeta's. I turn to Peeta and see him with his bag on his shoulder.

"Sorry, just zoned out." I apologise and look at the floor.
Peeta kisses my cheek before replying. "That's okay. Ready to go?"

I slowly nod and swing my bag over my shoulder. I entwine my fingers with Peeta's hand. We leave the bedroom and head downstairs.

With us all ready we exit the open door and close it behind us. Once Peeta locks it, we start the 15 minutes walk to the train station. Our train leaves in 1/2 an hour so we will have plenty of time.

----------------

We arrived here all fine and received our tickets.
Peeta and I drop our bags by a bench seat and we both sit down. We watch the railway as we wait to discover the train.

Peeta slips an arm around my back and rests his hand on my waist. I snuggle closer to him and lean my head on his broad shoulder. My free hand finds its way to Peeta's other one and I take hold of it.

"You okay?" Peeta asks me and I nod with a smile. One of the things I love about my husband. How he puts others, mainly me, before himself.

"You?" I ask in reply and look up at him.

"Yeah." he simply states before leaning his head down. Soon I realise what he wants so I lean my head back a little further.

Soon my lips are attached to his and he gives a slight peck. We break this kiss and I place my other hand on his right cheek before we kiss again.

Continuous pecks are placed and I close my eyes. I reposition myself and my other hand goes on his left cheek.

We continue kissing as Peeta's hands rest on my hips. Minutes later I decide we should stop. I give him one long kiss and slowly break away. I open my eyes and rest my forehead on his. I gaze into his blue eyes and Peeta looks into mine.

I hear a quiet rumbling all of a sudden and sadly look up. The train is approaching.

"It's here." I state before getting off Peeta's lap and retrieving my bag. Peeta stands up and gets his.

We walk to the line marked the distance limit from the train and the hover train approaches.
Once it has come to a stop and the doors open, we step into our private car and our journey to the Capitol awaits.