Chapter 2

Katniss' POV

I wake up with bright light flooding into the room and my eyes.
A new day and a new life has begun.

I turn my head to face Peeta on my left. My husband.
I still can't believe he is he my husband. That yesterday was the day I became a Mellark. The day that I became united with him forever.

He is sound asleep. The daylight like black in his vision. I smile as I admire his appearance in his sleep.
To me, he seems so fragile. That one touch could break him. With my thought connecting to my hand signals, I carefully lift my arm from resting on his wrapped firmly around my waist. I move my hand to slowly and gently remove falling curls of his blonde hair that hang close to his eyes.
Once I'm happy with the position those curls in, I try my best to lean forward as far as I can and give him a light peck on his nose.
His faces crinkles, from a slight tickle possibly, and softened again. His arm around my waist moved, I realised he was waking up.

Just for the fun of it, I pretended I was still asleep on his arm. He carefully stretches and makes the faint noise you do sometimes when stretching and relaxes again. His arm from my waist moves and I no longer feel it but that hand ends up moving away hair falling over my face.

"Katniss?" Peeta murmurs into my ear quietly and softly and I know I should open my eyes.

I slowly open then and blink a few times, for effect, and then look up at my now awake husband.

"Hey." I murmur before he kisses me on the lips.

"Ready to go on our little honeymoon?" I nod at him with a smile.

We haven't decided to do something big for our honeymoon. We aren't going to another district for a week. Even though it may seem like a holiday job, we decided we will spend a week at the lake and furnish the old house. For future events.
I thought it was a nice idea. So did Peeta. So we went with it.

Both of us sit up in the bed, basically at the same time. We chuckle before I fall back on the bed.

"Ugh. I don't want to get up." I playfully complain.

"Well, I'll just have to take you then." Peeta, standing by the bed, scoops me into his arms.

I let out a squeal, as I did not see that coming. But it ends with a laugh.
Still both nearly naked, Peeta takes us downstairs and sets me in a chair at our table in the kitchen.

"Peeta." I whine. "You could have let me put something else on." I gesture to Peeta, running my hand up and down beside me.

Peeta rolls his eyes for fun. "Oh fine, put something on but be quick."

I stand up and turn, about to leave the room when Peeta stops me. I turn back around and look partly annoyed at him.

"What Peeta?" Peeta just stares at my body. He stares a bit longer than my liking.
"Take a picture it lasts longer." I say and hear Peeta chuckle.

I turn and run upstairs to put something on me.