Chapter 11

Peeta's POV

I sigh with relief as Katniss wheels me out of the hospital room that day.
I did have enough of it. White after white was all I could look at for 10 days.

Katniss gets us into the elevator and the door slowly shuts, leaving us in a small area. Katniss kneels beside the wheelchair and we share a passionate short kiss.

I smile and hold her hand as Katniss stands up beside me. I have to separate my hand from hers as the elevator door opens and she has to control where the wheels roll on the ground.
She leads me to the foyer entrance where Haymitch waits for us. We asked him to bring his car and take us back home and he agreed. We reach him and Katniss pulls him into a hug. Once she is done, Haymitch and I shake hands.

"Mrs Mellark." Katniss and I turn our heads and my doctor gestures Katniss over to him.

"I'll be back in a minute." Katniss reassures me before walking over to the front desk.

I look back at Haymitch as Katniss disappears from my view.

"How long are you in that?" Haymitch asks me, wondering how long I'm in this wheelchair.

"Up to 2 weeks." I answer and shrug. I look down and place a hand over what is left of my right leg. I have walked on it twice since I got it fitted. What fun it will be to start walking on it again. Sarcastic thought alert.

"You okay there Peeta?" Haymitch is like a second father to me. Katniss also. I appreciate that fact that he cares about us. I nod in reply and look out the glass doors which make the entrance/exit.

"I'm going to bring the car up front. I'll wheel you to Katniss." I look up and nod as Haymitch wheels me to be by my wife's side.

Haymitch stops me and he leaves through the doors. I take Katniss' free hand, lying by her side.
She turns to look at me and smiles. "Where's Haymitch?"

"He's bringing the car closer to the entrance." I reply.

"Mrs Mellark can you sign these please." A woman asks, giving her a couple of pieces of paper and a pen.

"Just a minute sweetie." She says to me, slipping her hand out of my grasp and places it on the desktop. In a matter of seconds she has signed the papers and is giving them back.

"Thank you. Peeta Mellark is now dismissed." Katniss smiles and nods before turning to me and wheeling me out of the hospital. We scan the area and find Haymitch waiting by his car. Katniss wheels me down the ramp, made for the wheelchairs and we make our way to Haymitch.

"I'll get in first and you can place him in. I'll help him get comfortable sitting. Just place the chair in the back when you're done." Katniss instructs and slides into the car. Haymitch picks me up from the wheelchair and slowly lowers me into the car. I soon feels Katniss' hands on me and I wrap my arms around her. Katniss helps me sit down, hurting my back a little, before Haymitch closes the door.

I give Katniss a quick peck on the lips before entwining our fingers.

"We're going home."