Chapter 46

Peeta's POV

I look at the screen one last time. The last time seeing my baby girl on a screen. Possibly.

Adriana turns it off and hands me some paper towels.

"I'll got get that printed for you." Adriana comments and exits the room.

I sit Katniss up on the bed and wipe away the gel on her huge stomach. We stay silent, taking it all in. Our child can make her way here anytime in the next week. I place the paper towels in the bin and lower Katniss' shirt. I help her stand up and slowly lead her to a chair.

"You've done so well Kat." I comment and she smiles.

"Thank you sweetie." She replies and I kiss her head.

Adriana comes back in and hands me the picture. She pulls her wheeled chair to in front of us and sits down.

"Now. This might be the only time you can ask questions about the delivery."
Katniss and I exchange glances and Katniss holds my hand.

"Will I be able to be with her the whole time?" I ask, to kick things off.

"Yes you will be able to." Adriana says with a nod.

"W-what happens if I can't make it to the hospital and have to give birth at home?"

"That's perfectly fine if that happens Katniss. Peeta will just call me and let me know and I'll come over." Adriana answers and I nod.

"Is it okay to say that I'm scared." Katniss comments and I stroke her cheek.

"Don't worry Katniss. Everyone feels scared but you will do great. There's no need to be. You'll be seeing your daughter after all." Adriana comments and I kneel down infront of her.
I cup her cheeks in my hands before speaking.

"Kat. You're going to be fine. You are strong and brave and can handle anything. I've seen you go through some pretty rough times and you got through. Remember I'll be there as well. There's absolutely no reason to be scared." I add and kiss her nose.

"Peeta's right. You will be fine." Adriana says and strokes Katniss' calf.
"I'll be there the whole time and Peeta will too." Adriana comments and Adriana nods.

There's a few moments silence before Adriana speaks again.

"Okay, so. This is possibly your last official appointment but I will be checking on you if she isn't turning up. You know week 38 is the start of anytime labour so I won't check up on you next week. I will check up on Wednesday of week 39 just to make sure she's still going fine." Adriana alerts us and we nod.

"I explained the signs of labour so be prepared to notice those." Adriana adds.
"One last thing before I let you guys go. Have you packed your bags for the hospital stay if you will be here for the birth?"

"We haven't just yet. We were planning to when we get home." I answer and Adriana smiles.

"Makes sure its done then." Adriana says and claps her hands together.

"Well, I don't know when I will be seeing you next." She comments and I help Katniss stand up.

"Until next time." I say and shake Adriana's hand and Adriana goes to hug Katniss.

"You'll be fine." Adriana quietly comments and Adriana nods.

"Let's go Kat." I say and Katniss comes to my side.

"Bye. Remember to call me if you need anything or to tell me your child's coming." Adriana farewells with a smile.

"Bye." We say and exit out of the room. Our child can choose what to do now.