Chapter 50

Peeta's POV

Katniss and I stay speechless and we just gaze at her. We are now parents. I slowly place my hand above Katniss' on our daughter and she stops screaming. Katniss looks at me surprised, with her tired eyes.

"Well done sweetie." I congratulate and let the tears fall.

Adriana stands close by to the bed, making sure our daughter is okay. I look up and smile at Adriana. "Thank you." I thank. "For everything." I add and Adriana smiles.

Katniss gasps and I look at her. "Peeta look!" She quietly exclaims and I see my daughters eyes open. From where I kneel I can see her eyes. The colour of mine.

Blue.

"Just like yours." Katniss comments and we both show proud smiles.

"Hey there." Katniss greets our baby and gently holds onto her tiny, fragile hand.

"Can you take some photos for us Adriana?" I ask our midwife and she nods.

"The camera is in the first pocket in the front." I tell her and Adriana retrieves the camera.

I stand up and kiss Katniss on the head. Katniss turns her head up to mine and I give her lips a quick peck.

"Smiles for the camera!" Adriana exclaims and we look at the camera with smiles on our faces.

"Thank you." Adriana says and then we go back to admiring our child.

I can't believe she's here. I can't believe that Katniss has given birth to my child. Our child.

"So... What will this beauty's name be?" Adriana asks us and strokes Katniss' leg.

Katniss turns to me. "Do you want to carry on with the plant name tradition?" I ask and Katniss nods.

"What about Willow?" Katniss suggests.

"That sounds lovely." I answer.

"Hello Willow. You have given me a tough time lately and I have only just met you!" Katniss jokes and I chuckle.

"Can she have a middle name?" I ask Katniss and she nods again.

"Yeah of course. I want you to be able to name your daughter as well."

"I've always loved the name Alyssa for a girls name. So Alyssa."

"Willow Alyssa Mellark." Katniss says and strokes Willow's head.

"Am I able to hold her?" I ask Adriana, checking with her to make sure I can.

"Yes, if your wife agrees." Adriana answers.

"Yes. Yes." Katniss adds and she gets ready to place Willow in my arms.

She carefully places Willow in my arms and Adriana shows me how to hold her properly. "There we go." Adriana comments and I study my daughters features. Katniss' hair, my eyes and nose.

"Hello Willow. It's daddy. You finally get to see me." I greet my newborn child and tears flow again. Tears of joy. Willow just looks up at me with curious eyes.

"Peeta. Smile." Adriana exclaims and I look up with falling tears and wet cheeks.

"Oh, Peeta." Katniss cries in awe and I pass Willow to Adriana before hugging Katniss and bursting to tears.

Katniss hugs me tight and she cries as well. "Little Willow is here." I exclaim and Katniss kisses my temple.

"Yes she is."

This is the happiest turmoil event.