Chapter 29

Katniss's POV

"How far along!?" Peeta spat questions in my face so fast I demanded him to stop.
At least I know he's excited. I am too.

I'm ready for this now. I'm ready to be a mother.

I smile before replying. "7 weeks."

"Woah." Peeta say simply.

"Yeah." I take Peeta's hand and place it on my stomach. His eyes seem to light up and I produce an even wider smile.

I lean forward and place a kiss on his cheek before Peeta takes his hand in mine with a huge smile.
He's so amazed that I'm expecting his child.

--------------------

"Aaaahh!" Peeta screams and I am jolted awake.

"Katniss! Katniss!" Peeta exclaims.

I search the room to look at him and see fear. "What's wrong?"

"Poison fog." I look around the room again. Nothing.

"Peeta, there is nothing." At that comment I am pulled out of the bed and dragged downstairs.
"Peeta." He looks frantically in every direction. Oh my gosh. It clicks.

He's hallucinating.
He's hallucinating!!
I must play along.

Peeta shields my body and starts screaming, probably in pain from the 'poison'.
Peeta pushes me down the hall and he follows behind.

I run down the stairs and Peeta does as well. The best he can as he has started shaking uncontrollably.
Like in the Quarter Quell.

I lead him into the living room. He drops to the floor. "Come on Peeta!" I encourage and help him up.

"It's coming!" Peeta exclaims. I quickly kiss his cheek and he screams again.
I whimper. My poor Peeta.

Hope this doesn't start stressing me out. If this keeps happening in the months to come, we might loose the baby. Peeta and I don't want that.

I exclaim in agony, playing along.
"To the kitchen." Peeta suggests and we slowly make our way to the kitchen.
The fog supposedly on our tails.

Once we set foot in the kitchen, Peeta falls to the ground. He lies himself on his back and stares at the opening which leads to the other rooms.
Soon, he lies on his side and shakes. The 'poison' reacting.

"Peeta. The water will help." I suggest and he looks at me. He sits up.

"Peeta. Peeta. It's okay. I'll get rid of them." I calming say, taking his supposedly puss joule covered hand and leading him to the sink.

I turn the tap on and slowly place Peeta's hand under the cold water.
He screams in pain, just like we did in the arena.

"Ssshh." I comfort and stroke his back. He takes deep breaths as the pain will subside.
I rub his hand clean. Peeta just nods. I turn the tap off and Peeta suddenly becomes weak.

He starts to collapse but I catch him. "It's okay Peeta." I coo as I lead him to the couch.
I get him comfortable in his lying position and he falls asleep, probably escaping this hallucination.

When his eyes shut I frown.
He doesn't deserve all this. How are we going to cope with a child and these as well?

I'm starting to have second thoughts about this pregnancy already.