Chaper 13

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY NEW ONE SHOT: THE QUESTION

Katniss' POV

I slowly make my way downstairs, away from my healing husband. I leave my head dipped as I watch my feet thump onto the stair below. Before I place my foot on the floor below, I sigh deeply. My foot makes contact with the wooden floor and I look up from the ground to in front of me.

I walk a normal pace to the kitchen and approach to the sink. I lower my hand in and place the glass in. I leave it there and sit down on one of the chairs at the table.

I slouch and lean my back against the back and rest my hands on the table in front of me.
Minutes into sitting down, silent tears start escaping my eyes and running down my cheek. I quickly wipe them away when I find that they have fall too far down my face.

I can't let the tears stay and gather up so I let them fall and I quietly sob. I place my forehead on my crossed arms and I start a staring contest with the table top.

I do everything I can to compose myself but it just doesn't work.

"Kat." I look up as I hear the shout coming from Peeta.

I wipe my face with my hands and took and deep breath before standing up and heading to Peeta, as confidently as I could.

I stand in the doorway of my bedroom and place both my hands on the door frame.

"Yeah?" I ask softly.

"I was going to ask to get up but it looks like you need comforting." Peeta replies, slightly worried. It must be my wet cheeks or my red eyes?

I nod, telling him I need comforting and he gestures me to come by him. I walk to his side and look down at him sitting. I sit on the floor beside the bed. Peeta reaches down to take my hand and I accept the offer.

"If you're worrying about me, don't. Please. I'm fine, even though I'm in a wheelchair for 1 and a half more weeks I'll be okay." Peeta pleads to me.

I nod, "Okay." I say and Peeta kisses my hand.

"Tell you what. Once I'm better, I'll take you to the meadow for the day. How does that sound?" I and enthusiastically.
"Maybe, just maybe. You could teach me the basics of the bow?" Peeta adds and I chuckle.

"We will see." I answer with a chuckle and a smile. Now that has cheered me up.